M3100 Broken Touchscreen Pls Help!

Guest Fozza

I can't beleive it my worse fear has happened.

I spent a lot of money buying an M3100 of ebay about 4 months ago and now it has broken.

The touch screen has just stopped working, no apparent reason has not been dropped or gotten web.

It was working 30mins ago and now is not.

I have Hard reset the device and now I can't get past the screen alignment page.

How can I get this fixed?

I don't want to be without my pride and joy.

And I have just bought brodit car kits and Tom Tom Nav 5...

Please Help!!!!

(weeping)

Guest jimbouk

Are you 100% sure that its not working still? I know that it obviously stopped working prior to the hard reset... but sometimes with HTC's WM5 devices, the screen alignment doesn't respond to taps, but you need to basically rub the stylus all around each target to get it to move to the next one. I have had this on my last two devices.

If it really is knackered, then you would need to send it back to HTC for repair.

• 2 months later...
Guest markthemark

Hi fozza,

the exact same thing has happened to me! The screen suddenly for no reason stopped working, I dıd thehard boot thing and now ı can't get past the initial screen alignment thing!

Got any news on how to fix it yet?

Hi fozza,

the exact same thing has happened to me! The screen suddenly for no reason stopped working, I dıd thehard boot thing and now ı can't get past the initial screen alignment thing!

Yeah I took it to a shop in Wimbledon.

They digitiser had gone. However the screen itself was ok.

They repaired the fault but did manage to put to scratches on the LCD ( actually under the main screen so I knew it wasn't me )

Total repair cost me £70 I can live with the scratches until the whole screen requires a repair.

can give you the name of the company if you want.

PM me for details.

Rgds,

Fozza

• 1 year later...
Guest EilidhxBailey
Hi fozza,

its just happened to me!!!! i cant stop crying!! brand new phone :D

how do you do the hard boot thingy?

i have a samsung sgh u600, and today it ran out of battery. it was fine before then, and now that its on charge it wont work. the number buttons work, but nothing else does. i can also access the camera, but not take pictures!!!!

please help!!! im a student....=no money!!!!