T-Mobile 3G lost reception

Guest ree

Me an my friend at wrk have just lost all signal on our Vario II on t-mobile our sims work in other phones we bothe noticed they died at the same time, I will call t-mobile and investigate any1 else experiencing this.

Update I have just spoken t-mobile (useless service)

I have tried to explain to them it is not a handset error, as 2 Vario II lost signal at the same time and both our sims work in different handsets.

It has something with a fault with these phones registering to the network or may a 3G issue.

ITS A 3G Network problem, if downgrade your setting to to GPRS it your mobile will work fine.

(T-mobile Tech support should know this, but they didnt advise, just trail and error and it worked)

Edited by ree

Guest Whitster
Me an my friend at wrk have just lost all signal on our Vario II on t-mobile our sims work in other phones we bothe noticed they died at the same time, I will call t-mobile and investigate any1 else experiencing this.

Update I have just spoken t-mobile (useless service)

I have tried to explain to them it is not a handset error, as 2 Vario II lost signal at the same time and both our sims work in different handsets.

It has something with a fault with these phones registering to the network or may a 3G issue.

ITS A 3G Network problem, if downgrade your setting to to GPRS it your mobile will work fine.

(T-mobile Tech support should know this, but they didnt advise, just trail and error and it worked)

I've been having this problem too. Or at least the fact that no emails have appeared on my phone and no texts or calls for the past day made me think there must have been something wrong with the connection.

For info, I've also lost 3G service on T-Mobile today in London (on a Treo) :rolleyes:

(Switching from UMTS to GPRS gets me a signal, but that's hardly the point...)

Guest richard_d
3G is unreliable. All networks have issues with it.

If it wasnt so damned good when it works, I would leave my device permanently on GSM...

Yep - O2's 3G service in Canterbury was so unreliable, I did end up leaving the phone on GSM - which also helped me cope with O2's data charges :rolleyes:

Guest gs_london

Same here in Farringdon London - seems text services also up the spout. 3G/GPRS disabled and the phone still has no texting or normal phone services.

No point in calling customer services. I guess they are aware its not working (the people who matter do) just have to sit on my hands and wait till it comes back.

Guest cseilern

yes - i get that too - constantly - i get bumped off the network at least 5-10 times a day and it takes me anywhere between and 10 minutes to get back on. i also get bumped off systematically every night (i am always off when i get up).

calls too are a disaster - an average, it takes me 3 or 4 tries to complete a call when i have full network. (sometimes as much as 10-15 tries)

took my sim and put it into a magician and all went away, so *suppose* it could be a 3g thing, but i am really not convinced because the hermes does have a 2g radio as well (so it should fall back onto 2g whenever 3g fails...)

more feedback here would be welcome!

Guest jimbouk

The handover between 3 and 2G is fairly good - amazingly it seems to be better during calls and data sessions than when in standby...

The biggest issue is not the signal strength, its the actual network service which suffers.

This actual affected calls, I could make or receive calls until I change the settings form 3G to GPRS.

Both me and my work mate had the same problem, what gets me is that T-mobile tech support would not listen to what I had to say all they suggested was reboot, they also suggested to send me a text. How am I meant to receive a text if I have no signal.

Anyway changed the data option to GPRS both me and my mate managed to make and receive calls.

Guest jimbouk

It will be a local cell or local switch problem. These thing usually resolve themselves within a few hours. In the meantime, leave your device on GSM instead of AUTO and unless you want to do lots of video calls or data surfing you wont notice the difference.

Guest randomelements

Had a similar issue in Gravesend, Kent for the past few days. I think one of the transmitters or whatever has gone down as I normally have excellent 3G reception at home but over the past few days I've been lucky to get any 3G at all - and that's only occasionally upstairs.

I've also noticed it to be a bit unreliable in town as well.

Again, it has to be a service issue as my wife also has a Vario II and she has the same thing - always good to know it's not your phone acting up :rolleyes:

Had a similar issue in Gravesend, Kent for the past few days. I think one of the transmitters or whatever has gone down as I normally have excellent 3G reception at home but over the past few days I've been lucky to get any 3G at all - and that's only occasionally upstairs.

I've also noticed it to be a bit unreliable in town as well.

Again, it has to be a service issue as my wife also has a Vario II and she has the same thing - always good to know it's not your phone acting up :rolleyes:

GRAVESEND? I would have got a Vario II if it was not for the fact that I had such poor reception on T mobile where I live (Gravesend - near Echo Square). Half my house has no reception and the other half has maybe one bar. Maybe I am just unlucky. Oh well.

Now have an M3100 on Orange (OWU).

Guest suniljayakumar

I have had consistent problems with T-Mobile 3G services - admittedly, it does work a lot of the time, but I've been reporting it to T-Mobile every time it happens. I've had a CS rep contact me and ask me to start logging every time I lose connectivity, but it's been pretty well behaved since then. I'm based in Westminster, London. I find that the data cards are actually faster than connecting via the Hermes.

Guest nrj1999

I had problems with 3G on Monday (30/10) where I kept losing all traces of a signal but it seemed fine yesterday and today. This was in central London (Westminster). Asked about this with T-Mob CS but they had no idea and suggested that if it keeps happening to call back.