Eten announce new Glofiish brand and X500 Pocket PC

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Eten have simulatenously announced their new consumer brand, 'Glofiish', and their new GPS enabled Pocket PC device, the X500.

Eten's pitch on the new brand...

E-TEN Information Systems – world distinguished manufacturer of handheld devices - has announced a new global brand which will be used to popularize its consumer focused Pocket PC Phones. The name Glofiish represents the core features of this range – inspiration, versatility, and commitment.

post-1-1162213619_thumb.gif

“In just a few years, E-TEN Pocket PC Phones have matured in terms of technology, design, and marketing concepts.” explained Marketing Director, Teresa Chou. “By focusing upon technology, E-TEN has been able to gain popularity from users and media by offering outstanding features, friendly applications, and excellent reliability and performance. However, nowadays E-TEN is paying more and more attention to product design to meet mass consumer tastes within a global market. The new name, Glofiish, allows E-TEN to promote its Pocket PC Phones under a global brand that expresses market-driven design and meets consumers’ needs.”

Inspiration

In today’s knowledge saturated world, it is becoming easier and easier for people to find themselves lost or out of touch. Just like a glowing beacon helps you find the right direction in the dark, Glofiish Pocket PC Phones give users the latest tools to keep track and organize their lives more effectively. Up to the minute email and messaging, pin-point accurate location data via GPS, or easy to use scheduling and PIM software, with Glofiish Pocket PC Phones users have the information they need on hand, whenever and wherever they need it.

Versatility

Just as a fish has complete freedom of movement in the water, Glofiish Pocket PC Phones allow users to effortlessly roam the world of high-speed communications giving them instant access to voice and data calling, messaging and email, networking, the internet and more. Plus, just as oceans cover most of the world’s surface, Glofiish Pocket PC Phones support worldwide standards, including GSM, Wi-Fi

Guest richard_d

I'm guessing it's also missing a scroll wheel (although it could be hiding)... :rolleyes:

I can live without the start/ok buttons, and don't find the looks a problem but no 3G and no scroll wheel would be.

Guest Sonicr360

First Impression - Not good looking.

Overall Impression - I think a bowl of quaker oats has more appeal than this.

As always a slimmer model comes out, minus certain features we come to love & use.

Give it another 18 months, and some of our prayers will be answered !

Personal Opinion = Nothing that makes me want to even bother reading a review.

Next Device Please..........!

Guest Paul (MVP)

Miaow!

Well, i'm getting a HTC P3300 (Artemis) tomorrow, and i'll have the i-mate SPL review up tomorrow too.

Does that tickle your fancy a bit more? :rolleyes:

P

But why MICRO SD ? Whyyy ??? :rolleyes:

It's expensive, and doesn't pack as much as Mini SD cards.

Why do they wanna make us "upgrade" to MICRO SD ? ..

Such a turnoff .. otherwise it seems nice ..

/E

Guest Paul (MVP)

It's not THAT expensive!

I got a 2GB microSD fpr under 50 quid, pretty decent that I think.

Having said that, if i-mate can fit a miniSD in the i-mate SPL, there's no excuse :rolleyes:

P

Guest Sonicr360

Comes down to personal preference I guess - if you have a PPC/WM5 device that supports SD and you want to stick with it, then this device may not be for you.

But MicroSD is cheap! I have a 1GB, and yet I have STILL to fill it !

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.