Raspberry Software True Golf Score now available - 3 copies to give away!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Now I must confess i've never bought in to the whole golfing thing personally, maybe it's because i'd end up walking round the golf course reading my e-mail, or perhaps it's my complete lack of ability when it comes to anything sporty... but if you are a Pocket PC owning golf fan, then those crazy drunks lovely chaps over at Raspberry Software have a new application that could be right up your street!

Priced at a cheap-as-a-beer-on-the-19th $7.99, True Golf Score is a feature packed yet easy to use companion to your game, providing you with an electronic scorecard for you and your golfing companions.

The lowdown...

Ever finished a game of golf and spent the next 5 minutes straining your brain to total the scores of you and your playing partners, only to find your totals do not match with your opponents card?

True Golf Score makes golf scoring easy enabling you to concentrate on your game and enjoy the round of golf.

Great for at all players from the casual golfer to the low handicapper, True Golf Score simplifies the game by allowing you via a few simple selections to enter the scores for each hole. Using each players handicap provided, True Golf Score calculates the Net and Stableford scores for up to four players. At a glance you can not only see who won the hole but who is winning the game at any point in the match. In addition True Golf Score allows you to generate courses, save/load games for future reference, view detailed scorecards providing individual statistics and configure the application to suit your preferences.

All this for $7.99 using the device that sits in your pocket.

True Golf Score...

- Is Quick & Easy to use.

- Enables Scores to be entered with a single tap.

- Allows New games to be initiated with a few simple screen taps.

- Remembers Players from previous rounds for quick startup.

- Allows Courses to be created quickly and easily.

- Allows you to Save/Load games to record your best scores, or that round where you shot a hole-in-one.

- Supports Portrait and Landscape Devices.

- Is Available for PocketPCs using Windows PocketPC 2003 SE or above.

- Is Powered by Microsoft SQLServer.

To find out more, head over to the True Golf Score page at Raspberry Software, where you'll find a host of screenshots detailing the program's functionality and use.

What's more, to celebrate the launch of the application, Raspberry Software have provided us with 3 copies to give away!

If you are a golf fan and you'd like the application for your Pocket PC (a Smartphone version will follow later), simply reply to this topic with something along the lines of 'We love you Raspberry Software, please send me my copy of True Golf Score', and the first 3 replies will receive free licences :rolleyes:

[Edit: Congrats Confucious, matt5115 and awarner (MVP)!]

Enjoy!

P

tgs_selectcourse.giftgs_players.giftgs_game.gif

Guest awarner (MVP)

'We love you Raspberry Software, please send me my copy of True Golf Score',

Nice application now to see if it will help my handicap get better than severe :rolleyes:

Guest Paul (MVP)

Well done you three! :)

As for the first two, i'd expected a bit more 'Blackberry-love' to be honest :rolleyes:

You better suck it up when they mail you the codes :(

P

Guest Kallisti

Just a comment on this. This seems like reasonable pricing for a reasonable product. Well done Raspberry, next time I manage to find the time to play 18 holes (does it cater for us "back niners"?), I'll pick up a copy, I assume "pocketPC" means it'll work on my hermes/tytn/m3100/varioII/dopod1600 ? I get confused so easily.

Oh, and in case you don't want my money, "'We love you Raspberry Software, please send me my copy of True Golf Score'" :rolleyes:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.