Only speaker at the back is working for Skype?

Guest noct

Hi,

I installed the skype for windows mobile and found that whenever i use it, the speaker at the back but not the front is on, and i can't find the way to switch them. I guess that's cause skype's considered one of the ppc applications and the loud speaker is by default used.

s

Is there a way to use the front speaker then? Do i need a special skype version for m3100? It doesn't seem to exist yet tho the site has posted a picture of the htc hermes there. LOL

thank you

Edited by noct

afaik there is no known way of getting the normal phone speaker working for skype it is a program and or hardware limitation.

I use the supplied headphones when I use skype that works rather well

Jeremy

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dskeeles
afaik there is no known way of getting the normal phone speaker working for skype it is a program and or hardware limitation

I just dropped in to find the answer to this question; at least it's not me missing a configuration option!

Hopefully Skype will resolve this in their next version. I have tried calling people with Skype from my handset a few times, usually eliciting responses like "Why can I hear myself", "There's around a 4-second delay!?" and "Can you call me back from a proper phone?"

It'll be interesting to see whether the Symbian version is any better when Three release it on their X-phone in a couple of weeks, since they tend to have more CPU/memory constraints.

[d]