The Best Alarm Clock ?

Guest removed-2

Guest removed-2

What is the best alarm clock for the Pocket PC. I have a hermes and the built in alarm is rubbish.

I am looking for one with a large snooze button and a very small dismiss button as I keep hitting dismiss instead of snooze.

I would also like it to be able to play MP3 from storage card and have unlimited number of alarms.

I have tried Chronos and SPB Time but didn't really get on with them. Either not big enough snooze button or didn't always activate when phone in standby.

There must be a decent alarm program out there some where.

Please help.. I'm late again today..

Thanks

Mark

Guest conan_troutman

try city time alarms i use it its bloody great check out the beta release here at modaco search the forum or try handnago for the last stable release

• 4 weeks later...
Guest dseiden

The built in alarms are certinaly worthless. I have the TyTn and have been using the SPG option but have not been that thrilled with it hinestly. I will do a search and check out City Time Alarms. Hope this fits the bill. Way back when I was using a palm and there were much better alarm apps for that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest ssschmidt
What is the best alarm clock for the Pocket PC. I have a hermes and the built in alarm is rubbish.

I am looking for one with a large snooze button and a very small dismiss button as I keep hitting dismiss instead of snooze.

I would also like it to be able to play MP3 from storage card and have unlimited number of alarms.

I have tried Chronos and SPB Time but didn't really get on with them. Either not big enough snooze button or didn't always activate when phone in standby.

Thanks

Mark

Not really designed as an alarmclock, but.... John Cody's alerts is what I use. Selected to launch WMP10 and play songs. Very configurable, will add to Poutlook if desired.

http://www.omnisoft.com/alerts/default.asp

Guest conan_troutman
Not really designed as an alarmclock, but.... John Cody's alerts is what I use. Selected to launch WMP10 and play songs. Very configurable, will add to Poutlook if desired

as much as I love JC alerst city time alarms does the same and allow POUTLOOK to show the time and date of the next alarm so it show on your today screen but the actual memry space the program takes up is about one thirs that of JC alerts. I highly recomend both but fr me and limited space on my device city times one out and that was the only thing to sway one way over the other

Guest Confucious

But John Cody's alerts is also free to Plus members...

Depends on if you want to pay ectra or just use the excellent frr stuff you get with your Plus membership...

Guest conan_troutman

and how much is plus membership and what do you get ...and what if all the free programs you get with plus membership you already own do you get any thing alse as compensation for the joining fee or is that how the money is made

Guest conan_troutman

well I own chronos, alerts and city time can recomend them all I have to say trial all of them first then settle for the one you like best if there is no trial dont bother with it.

unfortunetly i went through buying all these becuase i never found a forum lke this till way too late....you see the number of stuuf I have bought and have replaced by other software due to the lack of help from experienced users....thank god for modaco.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dutchphoto

Thanks

Mark

Megasofts Pocketclock though is not free, but the best!

Alarmclock is free

Pocket Wakeup in English, free.

Install the french version first then copied the files over thefrench ones.

• 4 weeks later...

I have nearly tested all of them since the alarms of STopTime do not work on my TyTN (I was very happy with this old freeware on my 4700).

I have chosen Chronos which perfectly does what it should do and it is very reliable (I have been testing it for two weeks now). SPB Time is too resource hungry and PocketClock's alarm setting interface is not really very user friendly to my taste.

But I was ignoring that Chronos was part of the Plus membership benefits ;) I would have adopted the membership instead of buying the soft ;-)

Murat

• 1 month later...
Guest frankizzer

I think enAlarmPPC is exactly what you are searching for. I use it too and the snooze function is perfect and it has many other nice functions like MP3-playlists, multiple alarms and weekday selection too.

It works very well on my WM2003SE device and on my WM5 device.

And what it makes it even more attractive is, that it only costs 8$.

You can check it out on handango (trial version available too):

http://www.handango.com/affiliate/Platform...mId=41&R=205173

Official page:

www.maik-wiege.de

Greetings

Frank

• 1 month later...
Guest dutchphoto

Thanks

Mark

WolfClock v3.1b4 Freeware!

Some features include:

- Unlimited alarms.

- Music player that can play music while you fall asleep.

- Configurable brightness control (for supported devices only).

- Supports MP3, WAV, OGG, AIFF, MOD, S3M, XM, & IT file formats for sounds.

- Configure the fonts & font attributes to use whatever TrueType font you'd like!

- Set up a shuffle list for background images.

- Runs either full screen or in a more traditional window.

- Customizable alarm sounds -- can use all popular sound formats.

- Customizable text and graphics colors.

- Exclusive artwork included -- and special thanks to Ryan Bliss at Digital Blasphemy for allowing me to include some of his images.

- Contains a main alarm, nap alarm, and snooze alarm.

- Alarms are persistent -- they will sound if the app isn't running, or even if the Pocket PC is off.

Includes some basic features such as a shuffle list for images, snooze, and configurable alarm sound.

Edited by dutchphoto