remove network start up bit

Guest pob

I have a V1605, even tho i'm on Orange.

And i dont like the big red voda start up bit. And i was wondering if anyone knew how to get rid of it, except for formatting it, and installing a HTC version of WM5.

Thanks

Guest richard_d
I have a V1605, even tho i'm on Orange.

And i dont like the big red voda start up bit. And i was wondering if anyone knew how to get rid of it, except for formatting it, and installing a HTC version of WM5.

Thanks

wo options - hard rest then soft reset after wm5 has loaded, or open extended rom using cab file in Paul's free software thread and delete appropriate files.

If i did a reset, would everything on my device be wiped? eg pictures? And more importantly, texts! I've not deleted any since getting the device, so i've got loads!

Shall i take out my SD card if i reset? or should it not affact that?

And what happen on a sift reset, if a hard one completely resets?

Edited by pob

If i did a reset, would everything on my device be wiped? eg pictures? And more importantly, texts! I've not deleted any since getting the device, so i've got loads!

Shall i take out my SD card if i reset? or should it not affact that?

And what happen on a sift reset, if a hard one completely resets?

soft reset is just another name for restarting the phone :rolleyes:

hard reset you will loose everything on the phones memory. Things on your SD card will not be touched and you can leave it in. You will need to reinstall any apps (even if you installed them on the sd card as there's registry entries etc) you WILL loose all your txts and emails and settings etc.

hth

gr

Edited by Guest

Guest simonclark123

Once you've saved what you need to, easiest way to do a hard reset is 'start' 'settings' system tab 'clear storage'.

After you've aligned the screen, put in date etc, you're asked to tap the screen - once you've done that, you have 3 seconds to do a soft reset and stop all the voda stuff from loading.

I've done this on my M3100 which I use on T-Mobile.

Regards

Simon Clark

Business Telecoms

Doh! i dont wanna lose my messages! Hmm.. maybe i'll just have to put up with it then, its only the start up bit.

Either that or purchase a backup program like SPB Backup or Sprite or better still become a Modaco PLUS member and get one for free. To be honest you should have one anyway....just to be safe!

Backup everything to SD and then copy to PC....Hard Reset and then Soft Reset, then reinstall what you need.

You will have to exclude programs/settings from the backup/restore to ensure that the Network specific customisations dont come back. There is a specific Mail option to just backup mail etc...

But its a lot of trouble....just close your eyes during startup!

But still suggest that you purchase a Backup program!

Guest richard_d
Either that or purchase a backup program like SPB Backup or Sprite or better still become a Modaco PLUS member and get one for free. To be honest you should have one anyway....just to be safe!

Backup everything to SD and then copy to PC....Hard Reset and then Soft Reset, then reinstall what you need.

You will have to exclude programs/settings from the backup/restore to ensure that the Network specific customisations dont come back. There is a specific Mail option to just backup mail etc...

But its a lot of trouble....just close your eyes during startup!

But still suggest that you purchase a Backup program!

Definitely get a backup program, but if you don't want to go the hard reset route editing the extended rom is an option...

What exactly is the 'start up bit' you mention?

Is it just a splash screen image? or something more

If it's just an image it should be able to be changed fairly simply, as I have done with my 'Windows mobile' splash

Then if you can find the image with a file explorer (you may need to use Resco and show hidden files) then you should be able to replace it with an image of your choice.

You need to make sure the replacement image is of the same dimensions, name and file extension

backup a copy of the original just in case

• 3 weeks later...