disconnecting the sync cable..How?

Guest J273

How do you disconnect the sync cable on the bottom of the handset :rolleyes:

Ive pulled twisted just dont seem to come off......i dont want to break it

Any ideas guys would be much appreciated

Thanks

Done it.........phew

The connector really does look fragile. Im worried that i might bend those tiny metal thingys at the end of it...

I believe the button syncs it every time you press it. Someone correct me if im wrong.

Giannis

The plug on my sync cable is very stiff as well. The socket on the phone looks pretty sturdy to me so any damage that might occur would be to the sync cable. Still, I think it's probably a lot less fragile than it looks.

To remove it just pull it out, maybe twisting it a little to the side to unhook on side before the other.

The button on the cable doesn't do anything. I believe this is the same cable as used by the Palm OS based devices (700p, 680, or the Palm Tungsten PDAs). On the PalmOS devices, the button activates HotSync to synchronise data. Microsoft's ActiveSync runs automatically.

Whats on the software cd that comes with the treo?...is it just activesync and outlook again?

As ive got activesync installed for my excaliber...Iask because when i go and plug my treo in it just comes up with unknown usb device recognised.

Does anyone elsehave the same problem?.....Ive never had it before must be somthing to do with palms connector.

Any ideas guys as to what the problem could be?

Thanks

As ive got activesync installed for my excaliber...Iask because when i go and plug my treo in it just comes up with unknown usb device recognised.

I've had (and am still having) some fun and games. It says somewhere, either in the manual or on Palm's web site, that new users must install stuff from the CD first before connecting their Palm. Failing to do this before connecting the sync cable would cause the wrong drivers to be installed.

I therefore assume that the initial installation does more than just install a vanilla ActiveSync, and this is likely your problem.

I've had the same issue when I tried to unistall / reinstall ActiveSync and didn't follow those instructions. I couldn't figure out a reasonable way to fix this so resorted to a rollback using System Restore. That may well not be an option in your situation, though.

Anybody have any ideas?

I've had (and am still having) some fun and games. It says somewhere, either in the manual or on Palm's web site, that new users must install stuff from the CD first before connecting their Palm. Failing to do this before connecting the sync cable would cause the wrong drivers to be installed.

I therefore assume that the initial installation does more than just install a vanilla ActiveSync, and this is likely your problem.

I've had the same issue when I tried to unistall / reinstall ActiveSync and didn't follow those instructions. I couldn't figure out a reasonable way to fix this so resorted to a rollback using System Restore. That may well not be an option in your situation, though.

Anybody have any ideas?

nope, didnt have to install anything from the cd.........just plugged it in to my current version of active sync (4.1) and it recognised straight away...........syncs fine.............

yea got it working now.....Needed to do a softreset for it to work in the end.

brilliant device isnt it!!

this has now emerged as my fave device..........loved the Tytn but hated having to keep slide open the keyboard and wait for screen to rotate........love the lack of soft resets......love the quality of the calls and volume.........love the true one-handedness but with a stylus/touchscreen its a bonus......love the phone log and the missed call list......love the 'add to contacts' for new unrecognised numbers.......love the 'send as vCard' in the Messaging application...love the dial direct from the Today screen.......

it just seems to be a little more overall rounded product................

now all i need is wifi !!!!!!!!! (but its not a real problem, just me wanting utopia!)

brilliant device isnt it!!

this has now emerged as my fave device..........loved the Tytn but hated having to keep slide open the keyboard and wait for screen to rotate........love the lack of soft resets......love the quality of the calls and volume.........love the true one-handedness but with a stylus/touchscreen its a bonus......love the phone log and the missed call list......love the 'add to contacts' for new unrecognised numbers.......love the 'send as vCard' in the Messaging application...love the dial direct from the Today screen.......

it just seems to be a little more overall rounded product................

now all i need is wifi !!!!!!!!! (but its not a real problem, just me wanting utopia!)

Well if you could live without a lot of storage or you are willing to swap cards in and out you could get a miniSD wifi card.

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/5108.html

The only things i didnt really like is that its bigger than a regular miniSD and the end sticks out of the slot and that its only 802.11b. But if you must have wifi this is a good solution i think.