Dialer for Orange m600

Guest Blakey

When I hard reset my m600 recently I also soft reset before the extended ROM installed. So I've avoided a bunch of stuff I didn't want installing. Nice. However there is something I miss. When I bring up the phone app (pressing the green dial button) it pops up the usual software for dialing. However I used to be able to tap out the letters of a person's name and it would pop up a little menu of so-far-matching names which I could dial from in a sort of quick dial way.

So, if I dialed "686", one of the names which would be displayed would be "Mum". I could then tap her name and it would dial her - very handy. This facility is not there on the m600 anymore.

I have the latest iMate ROM on here and would usually install the T-Mobile UK extended ROM as that is my provider.

Anyone help me on this please?

Thanks all

Blakey

its because the standard wm5 skin doesn't support smart dialling. point your browser at zombienexus and check out their dialler skis, all with smart dialling supported!

• 2 months later...
Guest maxwell_hung

Doesn't work for me. After doing a hard/soft reset I still don't get the smart dialing after installing one of the skins from zombienexus . Is ther eone in particular you know of that works?

They all work for me

It seems what you need to do is show your extended ROM and install the dialler customisation CAB

The easieast way to show your ExROMis to install Total Commander from this >LINK<

and in the addres bar type 'extended_rom' (no quotes)

and find the smart dialling cab, on the wizard it's called 'MP_SmartDialling_enable_0915_signed.cab'

With any luck this will sort out your problems, and you can then apply some of the cool skins above!!

I also downloaded this. It's great, cheers mandt for the tip!

I've got a JAMin and it doesn't have this as standard like an M600. I found a program called EZdial that does it, but decided not to spend $15 on it :)

Cheers again mandt :D

• 2 months later...