Paul's HTC P3300 review now online!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

I'm pleased to announce that my HTC P3300 review is now online!

Click Here to read the review in full!

Here's a few images and quotes from the review for you :rolleyes:

Back in February of this year, i-mate released the PDA-N. The PDA-N represented HTC's first foray into GPS enabled PDA devices. The device, also released as the Dopod P100, had a decent enough feature set, but with only WiFi / Bluetooth connectivity and no cellular connection it didn't find it's way into the hearts of many at MoDaCo. Internally, the device was codenamed the HTC Galaxy.

Although HTC weren't playing the GPS-phone game, others were. Eten shipped the G500 (now superceded by the X500), Mio shipped the A701, HP offered the iPaq 6515 (now superceded by the 6915) and Fujitsu are joining the party now too with the T830.

The device has the unique RollR trackball control method, although whether this is positive or not, we'll come to in the 'in use' section smile.gif It also has an abundance of hardware buttons. As well as the usual Green / Red / Soft keys / Start / OK buttons that I expect to see on every Pocket PC nowadays (you hearing me Glofiish?), the device has dedicated keys for your chosen GPS application and Pocket Internet Explorer.

If you're a regular reader of my reviews, you'll know I tell it like it is, and it's exceptionally rare that a device gets away without any negatives. Well...

Your experience with the P3300 will almost certainly hinge on how you feel about the RollR.

p3300-ball.jpgp3300-rollr.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.