Podcast Player

Guest AndyCr15

Guest AndyCr15

I'm after a decent media player that is suited to playing podcasts. The problem I have at present, using WMP is most podcasts I listen to last over an hour, I listen to them on my way to work, which is about 50 minutes. This means I never listen to a whole show the way through, and then I have trouble remembering where I was up too...

So, long story short, I want a player that I can bookmark where I'm up to, or atleast that remembers where I'm up to. It would also be quite good if I can queue podcasts up, so when I'm wedged on the tube, I don't need to get my M5000 out to start the next one.

Oh yes, it needs to me WM5 compatible and preferably work in portait and landscape modes.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Guest AndyCr15

OMG, how stupid am I. I have that installed already for playing movies and such... I never even thought to use it for my podcasts :rolleyes: Thanks :(

• 3 weeks later...
I'm after a decent media player that is suited to playing podcasts. The problem I have at present, using WMP is most podcasts I listen to last over an hour, I listen to them on my way to work, which is about 50 minutes. This means I never listen to a whole show the way through, and then I have trouble remembering where I was up too...

So, long story short, I want a player that I can bookmark where I'm up to, or atleast that remembers where I'm up to. It would also be quite good if I can queue podcasts up, so when I'm wedged on the tube, I don't need to get my M5000 out to start the next one.

Oh yes, it needs to me WM5 compatible and preferably work in portait and landscape modes.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

FeederReader will assist you in downloading the podcasts, and then will launch your player for actual playback.

FeederReader handles podcasts, audio and video and anything else for which you have a player installed. Plus it's a great news reader as well. I'd love to have your feedback on the program. FeederReader continues to be wildly popular, has won numerous awards including voted "best" by Brighthand, Smartphone and Pocket PC Magazine Best Software Awards Nominee 2005 and 2006, and "Best Of Show" at the Podcast and Portable Media Expo for "Best Mobile RSS Reader for Podcasts" in 2006.

If you need any help with FeederReader, I answer all questions at the FeederReader Forums including helping with specific feeds or media files.

Greg Smith

Author, FeederReader - Windows Mobile news, blogs, audio, video, podcasts downloaded direct to your Smartphone and Pocket PC

www.FeederReader.com - Download on the Road

Guest AndyCr15

Thanks, but that sounds more than I'm after. I don't want my PPC downloading the feeds, just want something that plays them. I'm using TCMP now, which does a fine job, I guess the only problem being it doesn't stop playing when my phone rings.

Thanks, but that sounds more than I'm after. I don't want my PPC downloading the feeds, just want something that plays them. I'm using TCMP now, which does a fine job, I guess the only problem being it doesn't stop playing when my phone rings.

My copy of TCPMP (V0.72) mutes when the phone rings, but does not pause on an iMate SP5M (Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone).

Greg Smith

Author, FeederReader - Windows Mobile news, blogs, audio, video, podcasts downloaded direct to your Smartphone and Pocket PC

www.FeederReader.com - Download on the Road