Does M600 have a low battery warning?

Guest snakeeater

Guest snakeeater

Ive owned SVP smartphones for years and they have always prompted me with a low battery warning before the phone runs out of juice.

However since Ive owned the M600 it has never done this hence dying right in the middle of doing something.

Ive also noticed that when it runs out of juice the battery meter is at about 26% rather than 0%

Is my M600 defective?

Guest Pondrew

Something's definately not right there as every pocket pc phone I've ever owned, including the HTC Charmer which is very similar to your HTC Prophet, has given a low battery warning repeatedly before turning itself off...

Guest snakeeater
Something's definately not right there as every pocket pc phone I've ever owned, including the HTC Charmer which is very similar to your HTC Prophet, has given a low battery warning repeatedly before turning itself off...

Hmmm I get NOTHING. Can anyone verify whether it just dies or gives you low battery warnings?

If its supposed to then I can call Orange regarding a replacement.

• 3 weeks later...
I have the M600 and from memory I get and audible and visual warning before it turns off.

I also get nothing, never a sound nor a visual warning. Quite annoying really, just got used to it really, i just assumed it was because I had sounds and notifications swicthed off?

Guest snakeeater
I have the exact same issue aswell. 20ish% and it dies.

I guess this problen is not just a one off then.

This has now gotten worse and died at 41% yesterday, add this to all the glitches like the back light randomly staying on when I turn the screen off, phone freezing when I get a mms etc and I think its time for a call to Orange.

Ive always been a huge SPV fan and this was my first PDA style SPV, and I have to be honest, Im very dissapointed overall. Im going to try and get a different handset as a replacement rather than another SPV, although I doubt they will go for that which will mean buying a new phone.

Either way I think my SPV days are over......for now.

Guest bushlaw

May not help much/at all but I notice that I have a file entitled "lowbatt.wav" in my M600 windows directory.

BUT can't find anything in registry that seems relevant to it!