Orange World Unlimited ( again )

Guest M1TNT

Yes I know this has been going around for ages but I still not too sure about this at all.

I have just finished having "Try 3G" on my account and at the bottom of my bill it said I can go for OWU for £8 a month. Having a look on the Orange site for the terms and conditions all I can find is the Orange world bundle for £5 a month for off peak and weekend use only - yet my bill has a link to - http://www1.orange.co.uk/ow1/ that states the following - "The Offer is an Orange World Unlimited Bundle ("the Bundle") which is available to new and existing Orange customers with 3G phones on Panther & Premier tariffs ("Eligible Customers") until 1 September 2006."

Now I am not on Panther - and after a very long time trying to get to speak to some one at Orange CS trying to find some one who knows what the hell I am on about I am still lost!

Can I use this OWU for general web use/ email downloading like you can with T-Mobile's WnW ? Can it be used any time of the day and will I get a 1gig/ per month usage limit ? Any one know ? The chap at Orange CS did eventually say "yes" to this question but as it took like 2hrs to get this answer I am a bit unsure.

Currently I have Open Access that I have had for years that gave me unlimited WAP pages but I have used it to browse the web in the past and it only cost me around £4 - Should I just stick with this ?

I am thinking of signing up to the Orange Broadband to so if I am I might as well sort out my contract to benifit the best out of the data I can get from Orange.

what's your recommendations and experiences on this one.

I just dont want to pay the earth for data.

Guest chucky.egg

Nobody (including Orange) really know who can have this and what it gives you, but AFAIK it's off-peak only (so using it during the day will cost you extra)

There is some discussion around on whether it is for Email/Surfing or just for accessing the Orange WAP pages - I don't know if they came to a conclusion, but I got the feeling it was WAP only.

So AFAICT, £8/month for evening and weekend browsing of Orange WAP pages. Not email. Not general surfing. Not worth it

Nobody (including Orange) really know who can have this and what it gives you, but AFAIK it's off-peak only (so using it during the day will cost you extra)

There is some discussion around on whether it is for Email/Surfing or just for accessing the Orange WAP pages - I don't know if they came to a conclusion, but I got the feeling it was WAP only.

So AFAICT, £8/month for evening and weekend browsing of Orange WAP pages. Not email. Not general surfing. Not worth it

See this is what I am worried about :D

I know there is a £5 option that says off peak :)

aaaaagh - Bloody Orange - get it right will you !

Guest Confucious

OWU is not off peak only and is full internet access(prob ltd to 1Gb but tht will never be reached on a phone) some people seem to be charged for *some* access - it seems to depend on what APN you use.

Orange seem very reluctant to spell oiut exactly what it is but OWU is basically the same as W'n'W - if you can get it I'd go for it.

The problem is no one is certain - unlike W'n'W where you know you won't be charged any extra.

OWU is not off peak only and is full internet access(prob ltd to 1Gb but tht will never be reached on a phone) some people seem to be charged for *some* access - it seems to depend on what APN you use.

Orange seem very reluctant to spell oiut exactly what it is but OWU is basically the same as W'n'W - if you can get it I'd go for it.

The problem is no one is certain - unlike W'n'W where you know you won't be charged any extra.

MMM Looks like I will bite the bullet and go for it - I need to restart my contract again if I go for Orange broadband any way so may as well.

cheers for all your help

When you talk about using a specific access point, and getting free net access, do you know of any freebies for O2 access?

At the moment I'm using:

AP: mobile.o2.co.uk

UName: faster

Passwd: password

Guest Confucious
When you talk about using a specific access point, and getting free net access, do you know of any freebies for O2 access?

At the moment I'm using:

AP: mobile.o2.co.uk

UName: faster

Passwd: password

It's not FREE access it is access that you are paying for on Orange Web Unlimited O2 have nothing like that.

Edited by Confucious