Orange Upgrades from C600

Guest Monkhouse

Guest Monkhouse

Has anyone upgraded to the M3100 from a C600 for free?

If so, do you mind if I ask your contract term / average monthly spend?

I only ask because it's upgrade time for me this month, and I'm thinking about giving the M3100 a whirl - My First PDA :)

But before I don my battlegear and speak to Upgrades about what I want, just wondering if they might laugh in my face.

What I have:

C600, 12 month term, finishing this month

200mins x-net, 500 texts (texts were an old special offer which I manged to keep)

Approx 35 - 45 monthly bill

3 years subscription

What I want:

M3100 on 12 month term - FREE

Increase in minutes to around 300, drop texts to about 100.

I'm quietly confident, but has anyone else been in a similar boat? And what happened?

Ta!

Edited by Monkhouse

Hi there,

I got my M3100 for £20 from retentions - threaten to move to a new network!

My contract is as follows. 18 months contract

£30 per month on cannery and I get 325 mins xnetwork talk mins. 200 Orange offpeak and weekend min's

Orange magic number.

150 text per month

12 months free orange care (insurance)

I also got the try3g for two months and 30 mins video calls for two months but if you like the data I would also ask them to add the £8 per month Orange world Unlimited data onto that too ( but do that after the two months of try3g.

All I did was tell them that I was looking at moving to T-Mobile to get the benefit of T's web'n'walk and flex.

I am well happy with what I got.

All I need to do now is to get Orange Broadband sorted for £5 a month now :)

Guest phdutton

Assuming they ever get the stock back, I'll be getting it for free. I also currently have a c600. I just said I can get it for free on another network, they said ok, and dropped the charge.

Guest Monkhouse

Thanks for the help.

I called upgrades (I HATE the annual call to upgrades.....) and she told me that when back in stock, it would be £149 to upgrade.

As usual, immediately called disconnections (under the guise of 'checking my contract end date' :D ) and lo and behold - we'll do the handset for free :)

Also said I could have 500 mins / 200 text / Unlimited land lines for £35/month - sounds good! (18 months tho, normally would only do 12 month, but it is a good deal). Weighing this up against T-Mob Flext + W/W, which is actually better still, but I do prefer the M3100 handset - it's a sexy beast :P

But another VERY stupid question - as I prob won't have any data package included, I'm worried about data charges. And here we go with stupid question - if I use Wifi to access the www, does Orange know? Do they charge? I'm certain they don't, but you never know......

Or, are there any Orange data packages that are worth having? - they don't publicise them very much.

Sorry to harp on, but thanks in advance!

Guest spv_user

Go to T-Mobile on a wnw plan i have and porting the number as received the port code today went to www.mobiles.com free handset and btheadset cheap and tacky but free and delivered in two days of order as ord on a Sunday great service!!

:) Im Happy johnnyboy

Thanks for the help.

I called upgrades (I HATE the annual call to upgrades.....) and she told me that when back in stock, it would be £149 to upgrade.

As usual, immediately called disconnections (under the guise of 'checking my contract end date' :P ) and lo and behold - we'll do the handset for free :D

Also said I could have 500 mins / 200 text / Unlimited land lines for £35/month - sounds good! (18 months tho, normally would only do 12 month, but it is a good deal). Weighing this up against T-Mob Flext + W/W, which is actually better still, but I do prefer the M3100 handset - it's a sexy beast :D

But another VERY stupid question - as I prob won't have any data package included, I'm worried about data charges. And here we go with stupid question - if I use Wifi to access the www, does Orange know? Do they charge? I'm certain they don't, but you never know......

Or, are there any Orange data packages that are worth having? - they don't publicise them very much.

Sorry to harp on, but thanks in advance!

Guest renegade722

I recently upgraded (on Thurs, 3 days ago) after getting a call from Orange to say they had the M3100 back in stock. I've been waiting about 6 weeks to get an upgrade and would have gone for the C700 if it had been released.

I was on a £30 + £5 ins. deal, 200 mins + bonus 200 and 120 texts + bonus 120 per month. When I got the initial call telling me I could upgrade the guy also mentioned that I am a 'Band 5' customer, the highest bracket. I can only assume this is because I call Russia a lot and my average bill for the last 6 months is about £50 - £60.

I decided to call retentions to see what they'd say and they gave me this deal:

18 month contract (apparently no longer doing 12 month contracts)

£35 per month Racoon contract (500 cross network mins + 200 texts per month)

£5 per month insurance (waived for the 18 month duration)

1 magic number

2 month off-peak gprs (I think, maybe 3G) surfing

£50 fee for handset (waived)

Hope this helps...

Guest Monkhouse
I recently upgraded (on Thurs, 3 days ago) after getting a call from Orange to say they had the M3100 back in stock. I've been waiting about 6 weeks to get an upgrade and would have gone for the C700 if it had been released.

I was on a £30 + £5 ins. deal, 200 mins + bonus 200 and 120 texts + bonus 120 per month. When I got the initial call telling me I could upgrade the guy also mentioned that I am a 'Band 5' customer, the highest bracket. I can only assume this is because I call Russia a lot and my average bill for the last 6 months is about £50 - £60.

I decided to call retentions to see what they'd say and they gave me this deal:

18 month contract (apparently no longer doing 12 month contracts)

£35 per month Racoon contract (500 cross network mins + 200 texts per month)

£5 per month insurance (waived for the 18 month duration)

1 magic number

2 month off-peak gprs (I think, maybe 3G) surfing

£50 fee for handset (waived)

Hope this helps...

Just got very similar...

Had the call from O Upgrades too, on Fri.

I got the M3100 free (down from £149, apparently...) and signed a new 18-monther.

Got 500 x-net mins, 200 text and unlimited landlines for £35/month - 'appy with that!!

Handset delivered Monday.