Paul's UBiQUiO 501 review now online!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

I'm pleased to announce that my UBiQUiO 501 review is now online!

Click Here to read the review in full!

Here's a few images and quotes from the review for you :)

P

UBiQUiWHO? is probably the first question you asked yourself when you saw this review... and you're probably not alone :D

UBiQUiO was initially a North American mobile computing services company, that was then acquired by MobilePlanet, who were in turn acquired by Expansys. Therefore, UBiQUiO is nowadays wholly owned by Expansys - a familiar name in the Windows Mobile space, but as a reseller of devices rather than as someone with their own brand.

So to the UBiQUiO 501... our object of interest today. A rebranded TechFaithWireless device (that incidentally will also be coming to i-mate as the JAQ3), the 501 shows a lot of promise with it's diminuitive size, Pocket PC Operating System (therefore with touchscreen) and QWERTY thumboard.

In a market that all of a sudden seems to be somewhat flooded with such devices, can the 501 hold it's own? Can the 501 emulate the success of it's TechFaithWireless sibling - the i-mate SPL - with a positive review? Read on to find out!

If i'm honest, this isn't the fastest Pocket PC i've ever used, but you wouldn't expect it to be. In the time i've had it, i've used it in the same way that it will be used by the majority of purchasers... as an e-mail warriors companion. In that regard i've found it perfectly capable. There

501-screen.jpg501-keypad.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.