Motorola Q Pro (aka Norman) in the flesh?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

What do you get it you take the gorgeous Motorola Q, fatten it up a bit, add 3G / HSDPA + video calling, then beat it severely with the ugly stick?

You get this monstrosity... the alleged Motorola Q Pro, codenamed 'Norman'!

norman.jpg

Reportedly launching on Vodafone in the first quarter of 2007, the device sports a redesigned keyboard, slightly fatter frame, upgraded 2 megapixel rear camera and a forward facing camera for video calling.

It's presented in an 'interesting' black and red colour scheme in the shots from mobilvilag.hu (who have now pulled the shots - what better way to confirm they're real?)

My thoughts? Probably one of the most ugly devices i've ever seen and a massive disappointment - come back Samsung i600, all is forgiven :)

Do you agree? Reply to this topic and have your say! A couple more pics follow after the jump too...

P

Via: EngadgetMobile

I don't get the general Q hate that I see at Modaco. It seems like the majority of comments I see here are negative in regards to the Q. I guess when I look at a device I'm appealed by the specs rather than looks only. If it has good specs, I'll then look at the device and decide if I like the way it looks. If the specs are nice, the device looks better to the eye. If they aren't so great, it's uglier. Much like the personality of someone you are interested in. In this case I look at the specs and the photos, and I think it's one sweet looking device.

Edited by smeg36

Guest Paul (MVP)

smeg36... you're missing the point.

I definitely appreciate good design, and good specs, heck, I even have a Q that I pestered Moto for even though it won't work over here, because it's a great device.

However, specs aside, the device above is UGLY!

P

I don't get the general Q hate that I see at Modaco. It seems like the majority of comments I see here are negative in regards to the Q. I guess when I look at a device I'm appealed by the specs rather than looks only. If it has good specs, I'll then look at the device and decide if I like the way it looks. If the specs are nice, the device looks better to the eye. If they aren't so great, it's uglier. Much like the personality of someone you are interested in. In this case I look at the specs and the photos, and I think it's one sweet looking device.

this new version aside I think the thing that got people knocking the Q was that it was delayed for so long when it was released the specs were nothing special and there was an even thinner device released before it was finally released (i320)

@ least thats why I have no great love for it :)

Edited by Guest

Guest nickcornaglia

I'm not 100% offended by it. But something is definitely off in the looks department. Especially since the original was soooo much nicer looking than this. I don't like the red keys nor the white accents. They should have really went all out with the redesign. I tried to play with it in photoshop to see what it was.....I think its the black....too generic blackberry like.

post-4796-1163194731_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.