Internet connection through USB ActiveSync

Guest Jakkin

Hi All,

I am quite new to WM, I just got an Organge SPV M3100, everytime I connect my SPV to the USB connection I get a popped up saying something along the lines of:

"Unable to obtain a server-assigned IP address. Try again later or enter an IP address in Network settings."

What have I done wrong here.

Which network interface do I need to manually setup a local IP address for my device? I have a Local Area Network through a Router, and I presume if I get this right I can access the web via this USB connection?

TIA

J

I set up a Internet pass-through using the VPN in settings\connections. I assigned a name, entered Internet in connections from, Work in connections to. Username\blank. Domain\blank. Password\blank. IPSec authentication-Pre-Shared Key. Then add a Pre-shared Key number that matches your PC. This enables me to share the connection across Wi-Fi too. I don't know if this is any help directly in your situation but it may point you in the right direction....looby. :)

I set up a Internet pass-through using the VPN in settings\connections. I assigned a name, entered Internet in connections from, Work in connections to. Username\blank. Domain\blank. Password\blank. IPSec authentication-Pre-Shared Key. Then add a Pre-shared Key number that matches your PC. This enables me to share the connection across Wi-Fi too. I don't know if this is any help directly in your situation but it may point you in the right direction....looby. :)

Sorry I tried that but it didnt let me download Weather updates through USB.

There must be an easier way?

Thanks again. :D