Select Networks and Dialing Rules Prob

Guest zanders

Guest zanders

Hi Guys,

I am still a little bit new to the phone, had it a month but not had much time to test etc.

I cant seem to get my head around the way to specify what connection I want the Internet explorer/Email/Remote connection software to use.

Essentially I have WIFI at home so when I enable WIFI on the Phone I want it to use that, followed by

HSDPA,3g then GPRS if nothing else available.

at the moment when I start my WIFI and try the internet it wants to dial 3g,gprs etc.

is there an idiots guide / step by step - to get it to drop through the available options?

I have tried specifying differnet option ie. Internet or work but have to manuallly change these setting depending on what I am trying to achieve.

My Apologies if this is in the wrong forum?

Guest richard_d
Hi Guys,

I am still a little bit new to the phone, had it a month but not had much time to test etc.

I cant seem to get my head around the way to specify what connection I want the Internet explorer/Email/Remote connection software to use.

Essentially I have WIFI at home so when I enable WIFI on the Phone I want it to use that, followed by

HSDPA,3g then GPRS if nothing else available.

at the moment when I start my WIFI and try the internet it wants to dial 3g,gprs etc.

is there an idiots guide / step by step - to get it to drop through the available options?

I have tried specifying differnet option ie. Internet or work but have to manuallly change these setting depending on what I am trying to achieve.

My Apologies if this is in the wrong forum?

It will choose 3G if HSDPA isn't available, then GPRS if 3G isn't available. My Vario II will automatically use wi-fi for Internet if I've turned Wifi on and have got a signal - I've recently installed Hitchhiker (which seems to make connections far quicker), but I'm fairly sure it did before I installed it.