Trinity GPS - not at launch, but it's coming!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

I was mooching around the Orange France website today (as you do), when I came across this page discussing navigation on the forthcoming SPV M700.

spv_m700_g.jpg

What particularly caught my eye was the following statement...

"le SPV M700 possède bien un GPS intégré... Il n'a pas été activé par le fabricant. Courant premier trimestre 2007, le fabricant mettra à disposition une mise à jour logicielle qui ré-activera le GPS intégré. En attendant, il est nécessaire d'utiliser une antenne GPS externe."

...which means...

"The SPV M700 has integrated GPS but it is currently not activated by the manufacturer. During the first quarter of 2007, they will make a software update available that will activate the integrated GPS. Until this time, an external GPS is required."

So there you have it... it looks like the mystery is solved!

The Trinity does have GPS, it won't be enabled at launch but it will be enabled in a future software update.

WOOHOO is all I can say - bring it on! :)

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

No... Orange's own navigation solution is available now.

HTC will provide the update to activate it as soon as they stop it interfering with the 3G radio chipset :)

P

HTC will provide the update to activate it as soon as they stop it interfering with the 3G radio chipset :D

So do you mean.... buy it now and maybe you'll get GPS next year :) :P

Paul, you seems to have a good link to HTC Yes I'm spending more time reading than wrinting on MoDaCO up to now:blink: As Orange almost hat "special" customized versions of the HTC devices, like T-Mob released the Artemis without WiFI, Orange the Tornado without Wifi... maybe the Trrinity with GPS? I'm following several threads on french Forums and already read several posts about the build in GPS Chip that c/w-ould be SW enabled next year on the M700... however never found any other mention about a GPS chip on the HTC device....

Do you have some "insiders" info about??????? :) :D

Guest nickcornaglia

Can I assume that someone will figure out how to turn it on days after they get it? :)

Now this is a PPC I may like. And it's white....all ready for a modaco screen on the back! :D

Guest The Doctor
Now this is a PPC I may like. And it's white....all ready for a modaco screen on the back! :D

Will we all have one of these at the MoDaCo Summer Event 2007 then? :)

Phil

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.