No Pocket MSN on MDACIII?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Pondrew

That sucks! They've included it in other new devices and new rom updates for ages now (since the earliest batch of HTC Universals/MDA Pro). Sorry to hear they're being evil again, first disabling wifi inrom and then removing Pocket MSN :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Pondrew
Dont think the Tmob version has the hardware.

I can confirm that the Orbit does come with pocketMSN.

So the O2 version wins on both wifi and PocketMSN? Oh T-Mobile, how did you lose the way so...?! :)

Guest mrchrisdavies
I should have a compactIII in the post to me on T-mobile Flext....

I assume that as Pocket MSN is absent then I'll be forced to splash out a tenner for this?:

http://mobile.msn.com/ac.aspx?cid=pmsn_market

Any idea if this £10.99 Pocket MSN includes the hotmail (pop3 type) email that come through as a message on the phone? It would be worth getting then.

• 2 weeks later...
This was in a thread for another device... maybe worth a go as they are both wm2005

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/news2266.html

I have done the above and managed to get MSN Messenger on my Compact III (cheers)....but is there any way I could get Hotmail on there? (Apologies if this question is constatntly being asked elsewhere). If not for free, would the software work on the Compact III (with T-Mobile) if I paid MSN the £10.99?

Many thanks.

Guest TreColl
I have done the above and managed to get MSN Messenger on my Compact III (cheers)....but is there any way I could get Hotmail on there? (Apologies if this question is constatntly being asked elsewhere). If not for free, would the software work on the Compact III (with T-Mobile) if I paid MSN the £10.99?

Many thanks.

I found pocket MSN on the applications CD from t-mob!!

although havent yet installed it....as i probs wont use it, as i dont have wifi

• 3 weeks later...
I found pocket MSN on the applications CD from t-mob!!

although havent yet installed it....as i probs wont use it, as i dont have wifi

Forgot to reply to this.

Pocket MSN is not on the supplied CD. It is a link to the MSN Mobile website where you can download it for £10.99.

Anybody discovered if Hotmail app works yet?

Guest NightFox

I guess the reason why MSN Messenger is not included on the MDA Compact III, whereas it is on the o2 orbit and others is twofold: firstly the MDA doesn't have wireless, so you could only use it over GPRS. Which comes to the second point; whereas o2 love you to use GPRS as much as you can as you pay them £3.50/MB and IM generates a lot of GPRS traffic, T-mobile's web'n'walk means it's in their interest that you don't use GPRS much - so much so that only the standard £7.50 web'n'walk they specifically don't allow IM usage.

So in short, at the moment, there would be little point in having IM on the phone as you couldn't use it (except perhaps through an activesync connection) - But now T-mobile have announced web'n'walk pro which does allow use of IM (IIRC), it will be interesting to see if MSN or Live messenger make a reappearance on future Compact IIIs