replacement LCD screen for Hurricane

Guest hayesey

Guest hayesey

Hi,

first off, this is my first post here so hello everyone.

I have a T-Mobile SDA-II which unfortunately I managed to smash the LCD screen on a night out a couple of weeks ago. :)

I've been trying to source a replacement LCD here in the UK without much luck, does anyone know where I might be able to get one from? So far all I've found is a screen for the XDA which Ibelieve is the bigger PDA type thing with a touch screen.

cheers,

Paul.

Guest hayesey

Well a bit more investigation and I've found that this phone is actually based on HTC Hurricane hardware so I've posted this in the wrong section.

As far as I can tell the screen is the same between the two which is a good job since I've just paid for:

ebay link

Guest Pondrew

Hey, as you now know it's an HTC Hurricane rather then an HTC Tornado so I've corrected the topic title and moved the topic to the right forum.

Let us know how you get on with the Tornado part, no idea if it'll fit or not...

Guest hayesey

well the advert says for c550, sp3 as well as c600 and sp5 so as far as I'm aware that means Hurricane as well as Tornado.

Anyway it seems worth a gamble for £25 so I'll see how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Well the gamble paid off. My new screen took about 10 days to arrive and now my SDAII is as good as new.

Not difficult to fit either really.

Hi,

I've tried the same thing. Bought the replacement screen, but when i installed it and turned it on the screen went blank. thought the phone was broke so bought another sda II with cracked screen, but the very same thing.

any tips on how to install the screen successfully? or did i get a dud screen?

cheers

Guest The Doctor
Hi,

I've tried the same thing. Bought the replacement screen, but when i installed it and turned it on the screen went blank. thought the phone was broke so bought another sda II with cracked screen, but the very same thing.

any tips on how to install the screen successfully? or did i get a dud screen?

cheers

I wrote a guide on how to replace screens in the tornado section somewhere, same instructions apply so i'l have a look for it and post it below.

Phil

Guest The Doctor
I wrote a guide on how to replace screens in the tornado section somewhere, same instructions apply so i'l have a look for it and post it below.

Phil

Got it :D

Instructions by me can be found HERE Second post down.

Hope this helps :)

Phil

thanks for the help, but i've tried it again in both and am just getting a blank (white) screen. contacted the ebay seller and he's willing to take a look if i ship it back to him in china!

some cheap used spv c550 phones on ebay, so might grab a bargin and start taking things apart!

suppose i could just use the c550 if i get it, but i'm determined to get the 2 sda II's working!!!

thanks for the help, but i've tried it again in both and am just getting a blank (white) screen. contacted the ebay seller and he's willing to take a look if i ship it back to him in china!

some cheap used spv c550 phones on ebay, so might grab a bargin and start taking things apart!

suppose i could just use the c550 if i get it, but i'm determined to get the 2 sda II's working!!!

well it looks like things have worked out well.

bought a c550 with cracked shell but good lcd. tried the new lcd in that and proved that it didn't work. then put c550 lcd into my old sda2... perfect.... got my phone back.

so... gonna return the new lcd to supplier, get a replacement and fix the 2nd sda2 and sell it. and gonna try get a shell for the c550 and fix that up, with a new lcd and sell it!

learnt a lot along the way

cheers

Guest The Doctor
well it looks like things have worked out well.

bought a c550 with cracked shell but good lcd. tried the new lcd in that and proved that it didn't work. then put c550 lcd into my old sda2... perfect.... got my phone back.

so... gonna return the new lcd to supplier, get a replacement and fix the 2nd sda2 and sell it. and gonna try get a shell for the c550 and fix that up, with a new lcd and sell it!

learnt a lot along the way

cheers

No problem, glad you learnt and profited along the way :)

Phil

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ygeller

Rob,

I have an HTC TyTN and broke the LCD screen on it. I tried to transplant an HTC Wizard display which seemed identical and got the same "white" blank screen.

I looked online on ebay and found some store from Hong Kong named HiTechHK. They sell for the TyTN 2 displays labeled Generation 1 and 2. My hope/guess is that when the wrong generation screen is used you get the blank white(???) display.

Any thoughts on this since your experiments?

Guest The Doctor
Rob,

I have an HTC TyTN and broke the LCD screen on it. I tried to transplant an HTC Wizard display which seemed identical and got the same "white" blank screen.

I looked online on ebay and found some store from Hong Kong named HiTechHK. They sell for the TyTN 2 displays labeled Generation 1 and 2. My hope/guess is that when the wrong generation screen is used you get the blank white(???) display.

Any thoughts on this since your experiments?

Most likely, the 2 generations are probably due to the SA issues in earlier units

Phil

Guest spv m3100

hey, ive also just broken my screen for my spv m3100 (htc hermes), trying to find a replacement screen with great difficulty. no luck on ebay or google in general! orange say they'll do it for £100 + £6ppm insurance thereafter which basically will cost me £208!

will post my findings asap!

• 2 months later...
Guest mr.bad ass

the same thing is happening with my sda i got a used screen from ebay from china and tryed to install it but just get a white screen please help me!!!!!!! ;)

• 9 months later...
Guest j_egert
Most likely, the 2 generations are probably due to the SA issues in earlier units

Phil

I cracked the LCD on my new Cingular 2125 and attempted to replace it with the LCD from my old Cingular 2125 (joystick/keyboard failure). When I turn the phone on, however, I get this white screen as well. Is there anything else that might be causing it? I've checked the connections a few times. I can't imagine there is a difference between the two phones even though I bought them a year apart. . .

Thanks.