how can i use the m3100 as a dial up modem in windows?

Guest noct

as titled, when i plugged in the phone via USB and activated the "wireless modem" in "accessories", Windows xp recognizes my device as a HTC modem and active sync is automatically disabled.

Everything seems fine yet when i make a dial it didn't work.

NOTE: i am talking about dial up modem but not 3G/GPRS because i am using it to fax.

Thanks

as titled, when i plugged in the phone via USB and activated the "wireless modem" in "accessories", Windows xp recognizes my device as a HTC modem and active sync is automatically disabled.

Everything seems fine yet when i make a dial it didn't work.

NOTE: i am talking about dial up modem but not 3G/GPRS because i am using it to fax.

Thanks

Hmm, not sure if fax is even supported!

How are you dailing up? Have you created a manual connection?

Guest Christopher Woods
Hmm, not sure if fax is even supported!

How are you dailing up? Have you created a manual connection?

Does the Hermes even have softmodem Fax facilities?

Does the Hermes even have softmodem Fax facilities?

correct me if i am wrong,

as far as i know, any devices that facilitate as a "modem" under windows device manager should just as well serve as a fax device. it's the good old dial up modem thing from long.

and now it indeed is a HTC modem under windows. as long as you get that work i don't think you need a fax software or anything on the hermes. for those who have not faxed using windows before it might be confusing.

so anyone know how/if the hermes can serve as a dial up modem?

thanks

Edited by noct

Guest rickwookie
correct me if i am wrong,

as far as i know, any devices that facilitate as a "modem" under windows device manager should just as well serve as a fax device. it's the good old dial up modem thing from long.

and now it indeed is a HTC modem under windows. as long as you get that work i don't think you need a fax software or anything on the hermes. for those who have not faxed using windows before it might be confusing.

so anyone know how/if the hermes can serve as a dial up modem?

thanks

Hmm...

...just did a test with Hyperterminal to dial my land line from the Vario II's 'HTC USB Modem'.

It rang!

I'll try and send a fax next.

As far as I know not all modems were/are fax compatible.

Edited by rickwookie

Guest rickwookie

Installed the standard windows xp fax service.

Tried to send a fax and whenever it tries I get an instant 'Fax failed to send' error.

Looks like it don't work then. Sorry.

Edited by rickwookie

Installed the standard windows xp fax service.

Tried to send a fax and whenever it tries I get an instant 'Fax failed to send' error.

Looks like it don't work then. Sorry.

Aye, i'm sure someone told me at some point in time that Fax stopped being supported back with the S100...