Controling the backlight for viewing in the dark

Guest JPaddler

Guest JPaddler

The dash has an great screen, but it WAY to bright when using it in dark places.

I remember someone came up with a program for the tornado (sp5m) phones to dim the backlight.

Is the a way to do this on the Dash?

What would be ideal is a day/night mode that you could specify times of the day for it to go into night mode. That way you would only have to tweak the time settings once a month or so.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jimizee
The dash has an great screen, but it WAY to bright when using it in dark places.

I remember someone came up with a program for the tornado (sp5m) phones to dim the backlight.

Is the a way to do this on the Dash?

What would be ideal is a day/night mode that you could specify times of the day for it to go into night mode. That way you would only have to tweak the time settings once a month or so.

There are a couple located here (this Web site is viewable with the dash itself). The PowerControl program is a little complicated to setup, as you have to create your own shortcut to the start menu. But you can create it in such a way that a soon as you run the program, the light dims. The best part is you can remap a key to this program which would toggle the light bright or dim. Like I said, it could get complicated for a newbie.

http://surrealnetworks.com/mpx/DashApps.htm

Guest JPaddler
There are a couple located here (this Web site is viewable with the dash itself). The PowerControl program is a little complicated to setup, as you have to create your own shortcut to the start menu. But you can create it in such a way that a soon as you run the program, the light dims. The best part is you can remap a key to this program which would toggle the light bright or dim. Like I said, it could get complicated for a newbie.

http://surrealnetworks.com/mpx/DashApps.htm

Thanks... this was what I was looking for. I have been going round and round with T-mob to get phone app unlocked so that I could try and change the reg settings... that web site took care of everything.

Thanks again :)