Returning my Vario 2 for Repair - Advice please

Guest AFK_Matrix

Guest AFK_Matrix

Well had my phone for over a month now and to begin with had no problems at all.

But over the last couple of weeks the thing has been randomly freezing. Its either while I am using it or if it is charging, basically nothing will work. The buttons stop working and also the touch screen stops working.

Yesturday I was using my computer to charge the phone via the USB lead and when it had finished I unplugged it but it wouldn't come out of sleep mode and no buttons worked. So I left it and phoned Tmobile today and they said it needs to go back for repair.

Now how long have people waited that have sent it off for repair? What happens if they don't find any faults with the device? Is there anything I can do so that I don't have to return it?

Was a little worried a minute ago as the soft reset wouldn't work and when i plugged it into charge a red light came on instead of the orange?? Its now gone back to orange now but it does seem like a battery issue to me? As yesturday it was fully charged and now its down to 10%??

The battery in my Vario 2 is a 1300mAh where as I am told that others have a 1350mAh battery maybe this is the problem?

Thanks for all advice given

Well had my phone for over a month now and to begin with had no problems at all.

But over the last couple of weeks the thing has been randomly freezing. Its either while I am using it or if it is charging, basically nothing will work. The buttons stop working and also the touch screen stops working.

Yesturday I was using my computer to charge the phone via the USB lead and when it had finished I unplugged it but it wouldn't come out of sleep mode and no buttons worked. So I left it and phoned Tmobile today and they said it needs to go back for repair.

Now how long have people waited that have sent it off for repair? What happens if they don't find any faults with the device? Is there anything I can do so that I don't have to return it?

Was a little worried a minute ago as the soft reset wouldn't work and when i plugged it into charge a red light came on instead of the orange?? Its now gone back to orange now but it does seem like a battery issue to me? As yesturday it was fully charged and now its down to 10%??

The battery in my Vario 2 is a 1300mAh where as I am told that others have a 1350mAh battery maybe this is the problem?

Thanks for all advice given

I sent my phone off for repair suffering a similar type of problem and T-Mobile CS told me 5 days - the T-Mobile shop I took it at said 2 Weeks. Anyhow I left it there and sure enough after 5 days it was read for collection.

They couldnt actually find the fault that I said there was with my phone - so they gave me a brand new device even though I was outside my 30 days.

dont know what combination of software you have on phone....but i experience some of the same issues

every now and then...but i believe that i have too much on the phone!

I would suggest HARD RESET then install just minimal baseline of applications and then determine whether the same faults still occur, in order to determine whether this a faulty device problem or a software problem on your device.

Guest richard_d
dont know what combination of software you have on phone....but i experience some of the same issues

every now and then...but i believe that i have too much on the phone!

I would suggest HARD RESET then install just minimal baseline of applications and then determine whether the same faults still occur, in order to determine whether this a faulty device problem or a software problem on your device.

Sound advice. You might then find a gradual reinstall of the software solves the problems.

Guest jonhitch
Sound advice. You might then find a gradual reinstall of the software solves the problems.

I agree with that - sounds like it could be software related. I find that Batti causes my system to crash every now and then. At the moment I'm just living with it as it's also a great indicator.