Samsung i607 BlackJack

Guest joshbish

Guest joshbish

Anyone else have this phone yet? I picked it up yesterday and it's great except I can't get it to work as a bluetooth dial-up modem. Anyone else got it to work with the BlackJack?

Guest joshbish
same thing with me i love the phone but i tried all kinds of modem scripts and none will work.

I sent an email to Samsung Support --- supposed to get a response within 48 hours. I'll let you know what I come up with.

Guest michehrlich

Congratulations to the new Blackjack owners. I'm wating for it to be available in Europe... in the meantime, perhaps someone can already provide one essential (at least for me) bit of info: is it possible to adjust the speed of the scrolling when using the wheel? So that, for example, when scrolling through the e-mails in your inbox you don't have to rotate the key so many times to move a certain distance down the list of mails... One of the most frustrating things about a Blackberry is the slowness of the scrolling and the fact that you cannot (as far as I was able to determine) increase the speed. (Hmm... maybe this is why people get "BlackBerry thumb".) The wheel should be like any other pointing device and be adjustable for speed, just like a mouse or a touchpad. As the wheel is one of the big selling points for me, I'm very much hoping the speed will be adjustable... Thanks in advance!

Guest bambam26

I picked mine up today traded my 3125 for it and I must say I am happy I finally have my blackberry scroll wheel and back button back. Plus it is smaller and more compact than my 8700 blackberry.

Guest michehrlich
I picked mine up today traded my 3125 for it and I must say I am happy I finally have my blackberry scroll wheel and back button back. Plus it is smaller and more compact than my 8700 blackberry.

Bambam, since you're a scroll wheel fan like me, could you do me a massive favour and see whether there are any settings to adjust scroll wheel speed (similar the settings on a pc to control mouse speed, for example). I cannot get my hands on one yet as I'm in Europe... Thanks very much in advance!

Guest joshbish
Bambam, since you're a scroll wheel fan like me, could you do me a massive favour and see whether there are any settings to adjust scroll wheel speed (similar the settings on a pc to control mouse speed, for example). I cannot get my hands on one yet as I'm in Europe... Thanks very much in advance!

I don't see any setting for the scroll wheel.

My thumb hurts :)

Guest michehrlich
I don't see any setting for the scroll wheel.

My thumb hurts :)

Thanks joshbish.

That kinda sucks. The BlackBerry's wheel is way too slow, so if this one ain't faster, then it immediately loses a lot of attraction for me and maybe I'll go with the i320 after all... (which has the added advantage that I can get it now!).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dseiden

Should be getting mine in the mail tomorrow.. Have not held one yet but I can't wait to check this one out. I am currently using an HTC TyTn which I love but sometimes having something a bit smaller would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mjt2810
Anyone else have this phone yet? I picked it up yesterday and it's great except I can't get it to work as a bluetooth dial-up modem. Anyone else got it to work with the BlackJack?

I currently have the HTC S620 (Excalibur) and generally like the phone, but hate the JOGGR strip with a vengance ... it too easily runs off into my email etc when simply holding the device.

It also seems to have a few issues with calls coming in whilst it's synchronizing with my mail ... has a tendancy to lock up.

I like Samsung phones, and would be interested in the BlackJack when it reaches the UK, any ideas when that's going to be, and also, any HTC S620 and BlackJack users ... what are your thoughts between the two devices??

Thanks! M.

Guest Fate-X-

I currently got this phone 2 days ago and im quite impressed with it but the only problem for me is the battery life i mean i dont mind swapping and it came with a cool internal battery charger =) but its gonna be a pain if you listen to music a lot so i suggest if u dont mind switching batteries then buy the BlackJack but if you would rather not switch batteries then this phone is not for you

I currently got this phone 2 days ago and im quite impressed with it but the only problem for me is the battery life i mean i dont mind swapping and it came with a cool internal battery charger =) but its gonna be a pain if you listen to music a lot so i suggest if u dont mind switching batteries then buy the BlackJack but if you would rather not switch batteries then this phone is not for you

Or you could think about getting the extended battery .... http://www.phonecycle.com/batteries/modeld...&brandid=13

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BigDog2002

There's a nifty little app to take care of phone as a modem already installed, eg. not removed by stinkular, and not shortcutted by them either..

"internet connection sharing"... Use file explorer, look in the winders folder, click on the app. Both BlueTooth and Tethered over USB.

--Cheers!