Active Sync and Pocket Outlook - no subfolders !

Guest Sonicr360

Guest Sonicr360

Hi

WM5 XDA EXEC on O2

For some reason and for some time, when I sync emails from my Outlook account, it works great.

If I goto MOVE the email to another folder, Active Sync does not seem to know anything about them! In fact, it only knows about the INBOX.

I do not want to SYNC the Subfolder contents of emails, but just be allowed to "move" the emails from inbox into a subfolder.

I am 99% sure I have done this before - can anyone shed any light? My inbox is getting pretty damn full at the moment !!!

Cheers

Simon

Guest chucky.egg

You should be able to see the folders if you go to...

Messaging

Menu

Folders

Menu

Show All Folders

You can then move the email into a folder, even if you don't sync that folder on the device.

I suspect you'd have to set that "Show All Folders" after every reboot.

Guest chucky.egg

Do you have any options under the Menu in "Folders view"?

If you are already showing all folders then the menu option changes to "Show Sync folders" (or something like that)

Are you sync'ing with Outlook on your PC, or direct with an Exchange server? (the latter offers the option of subfolders, the former may not - I don't know)

Guest Sonicr360

Hi Chuckie

Sorry I am completely lost as to where you are trying to point me!

If I launch the Outlook client on the WM5 device, I can click:

MENU, Tools and Manage Folders

In here, I can select folders for sync'ing - but it only shows deleted, drafts, inbox, outbox, sent items (which is the only one I can tick).

I have no other options! But I am 100% sure I have had this, as I moved emails from my inbox to subfolders! I am sure of it!

Si

Guest Honest John
Hi Chuckie

Sorry I am completely lost as to where you are trying to point me!

If I launch the Outlook client on the WM5 device, I can click:

MENU, Tools and Manage Folders

In here, I can select folders for sync'ing - but it only shows deleted, drafts, inbox, outbox, sent items (which is the only one I can tick).

I have no other options! But I am 100% sure I have had this, as I moved emails from my inbox to subfolders! I am sure of it!

Si

I have 2 sub folders in my Outlook Inbox that also show on my WM5 device, so you are not imagining it.

Check the properties on these folders in Outlook and also your Active Sync settings. In Active Sync / Options/ Exchange Server Settings, just check that your Email sync shows that it sees your sub folders. I know you may not want to sync them, but check that Active Sync makes them visible. Try ticking one of the sub folders for syncing just to see if it suddenly becomes visible on the WM5 device.

As a last rsort, delete the connection from Active Sync and then remake it again.

Guest Sonicr360

Hello John

Yes, in fact that was my last resort - and guess what.... after deleting and re-creating a new AS setup, it STILL does not show any sub folders!!!

This is crazy :-(

Si

Guest Sonicr360

Ok well that failed terribly!!

If I created a Sub-Folder on my WM5 device, I can place a tick to SYNC this folder, and move items into it - but I do NOT see my inbox folder structure that I do in my desktop variation of Outlook (shows over 30 subfolders).

So.... any other suggestions?

si