Appointments disappearing from Vario

Guest Honest John

Guest Honest John

I received a cry for help from one of our Vario users. Their email said

"I have noticed recently that appointments 'disappear' from my Vario. E.g. Last week I was checking the time of an appointment that I had this Friday but my calendar showed there to be no appointments after all (but it seemed to be there on the server.) The appointment 'appeared' again when I was trying to put another appointment in my diary for that date.

This evening I looked at my calendar because one of the appointments had been cancelled for Friday so I went to delete it only to find the date to be empty again. I checked another date at random and found that the appointments for that date had 'disappeared' as well but not for the day after that. Have you had this happen or anyone else? Or is this just a glitch.

If it had appeared on my PC and not at all on the Vario I would have said that it''s because I hadn't synchronised it, but the fact that it appear and then disappears discounts that idea."

We are using Microsoft DirectPush and so far only this user has found a problem. I can think of many reasons outside a technical one (her secretary could have deleted an appointment by mistake, discovered it later and reinstated it etc) but just wondered if anyone using Windows Mobile 5 and Direct Push had encountered anything before I tell her it is probably down to User Error.

Many thanks.

Guest chucky.egg

Never heard of anything like that.

Is the meeting still in their desktop calendar, or does it disappear from both?

Using VB Script (don't know any other way) you can get the name of the meeting organiser and the date it was scheduled on, so you may be able to find out what's going on.

Guest FlangeArtist
Never heard of anything like that.

Is the meeting still in their desktop calendar, or does it disappear from both?

Using VB Script (don't know any other way) you can get the name of the meeting organiser and the date it was scheduled on, so you may be able to find out what's going on.

I have on more than one occasion in the past haved this too! Appointments dissapear from both the Phone and the Desktop!

I think it is to do with Active Sync. I have some other issues, of when I connect my phone via the cable, it locks...fully. Have to reset in order to get it back again! Really annoying if you don't notice, and then a couple hours later someone manages to get a hold of you and tell you they were unable to phone you! Tried using ActiveSync 4.5 (Beta) to see if that got around the problem...No joy!

Guest Honest John

Thanks for bot replies. Will look at Active Sync 4.5, but I am not sure this will be the problem as the user gets her diary/email linked by remote Direct Push from our server and it is when she is remotely based the problems occur.

Incidentally, both my Head of Technical Services and I (I use a MDA Compact II) have had to reset our devices a few times as they seem to have lost the Direct Push connection . Ah well, it's Microsoft, of course.

However, I would be glad to hear if anyone else has had the initial problem I started the topic with and also if they have solved it.