Problems with Calendar Notifications

Guest removed-2

Guest removed-2

I have a Hermes running Pocket Breeze and Pocket Informant 2007, however I don't seem to be getting any alarm notifications / alerts for calendar events..

Cant seem to find a setting in these apps. I am setting on alarm on the acutal event but it never notifes me.

I am also using phoneAlarm, can this be disabling them?

I have check under Sounds and Notifications and all is ticked for events/notifications.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Mark

Guest marisa4755

Have you tried checking your notification queue for duplicates and/or out of date entries.

You can try scarybear checknotifications, memmaid or sk tools for this (prob there are others too)

Try this first, see if there are any duplicates or out of date entries. Delete all these, soft reset and then try again.

I use a combination of the above tools as I find that they often find dups or out of date entries that the others miss. Try checknotifications first (free), and see if this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest admiralK
I have a Hermes running Pocket Breeze and Pocket Informant 2007, however I don't seem to be getting any alarm notifications / alerts for calendar events..

Cant seem to find a setting in these apps. I am setting on alarm on the acutal event but it never notifes me.

I am also using phoneAlarm, can this be disabling them?

I have check under Sounds and Notifications and all is ticked for events/notifications.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Mark

I reckon it must be phoneAlarm because I have the same problem. I was running Agenda Fusion and now I'm running PI, so I don't think it is that because I've had the same lack of notifications with both, with PhoneAlarm being the only consistent factor. I did a hard reset and reinstalled everything from scratch and for a day or so the notifications were okay, then they stopped again. I am hoping the solutions above help because I would be loath to lose phoneAlarm but alternatively what use is a Pocket PC that doesn't remind you about anything. If the solutions above about dup alarms don't help I'm going to hard reset and run without phoneAlarm for a week or so to see if the notifications stay around, if so it'll have to be goodbye PhoneAlarm. Are there any similar alternatives should that happen because I find the functionality useful?

Guest marisa4755
I reckon it must be phoneAlarm because I have the same problem. I was running Agenda Fusion and now I'm running PI, so I don't think it is that because I've had the same lack of notifications with both, with PhoneAlarm being the only consistent factor. I did a hard reset and reinstalled everything from scratch and for a day or so the notifications were okay, then they stopped again. I am hoping the solutions above help because I would be loath to lose phoneAlarm but alternatively what use is a Pocket PC that doesn't remind you about anything. If the solutions above about dup alarms don't help I'm going to hard reset and run without phoneAlarm for a week or so to see if the notifications stay around, if so it'll have to be goodbye PhoneAlarm. Are there any similar alternatives should that happen because I find the functionality useful?

I was running PI, and Phonealarm (amongst others) and had no problems after I got rid of all my old, and out of date and duplicate notifications. I was running memmaid, so I didn't think that this could be my problem, however, as soon as I used SK tools, it threw up a whole load of notifications that were 'null' or duplicate or whatever. Now I run this or checknotifications every day just to make sure, and have had no further problems.

Try it, maybe this isn't your problem, but it would save a hard reset, which has got to be good.