T_mob customisation......keep or not?

Guest soup dragon

Guest soup dragon

Hi,

Just picked up a Vario II to replace my Wizard. On the Wizard I skipped the O2 customisation as it slowed it down and didn't look good.

As I'm now on T-Mob what are your thoughts on their customisation? Is it worth keeping? Does it slow the phone down?

Guest richard_d
Hi,

Just picked up a Vario II to replace my Wizard. On the Wizard I skipped the O2 customisation as it slowed it down and didn't look good.

As I'm now on T-Mob what are your thoughts on their customisation? Is it worth keeping? Does it slow the phone down?

It's got a few bug fixes so is probably worth keeping - if you don't like the look you can always change theme.

I would consider posting on the xda developer site the same sorts of question, to see if anyone has tried this.

I also would like to completely remove the T mobile look and feel but still piece meal run other relevant fixes and needed phone setup stuff. I have also have heard that you do lose some original functionality

by simply missing it altogether.

Just simply reading the EXT ROM files some are obviously needed.

But there is always someone who knows more....

Guest richard_d

The T-Mob customization isn't that heavy anyway. It's easy enough to change the today screen and phone dialer skin, and I don't think it's a major issue to change the splash screen on load up if that bothers you.

The T-Mob customization isn't that heavy anyway. It's easy enough to change the today screen and phone dialer skin, and I don't think it's a major issue to change the splash screen on load up if that bothers you.

Anyone ever worked out how to change the PIN entry screen to remove the T mobile stuff, even with a nice new skin which includes a PIN skin.... I cant seem to lose that nasty grey and pink!

I use the Phone Skins and Today themes of SwampCat which do include PIN replacements but dont work for us poor t mobile customers!

And how do you replace the splash screen?

Guest richard_d
Anyone ever worked out how to change the PIN entry screen to remove the T mobile stuff, even with a nice new skin which includes a PIN skin.... I cant seem to lose that nasty grey and pink!

I use the Phone Skins and Today themes of SwampCat which do include PIN replacements but dont work for us poor t mobile customers!

And how do you replace the splash screen?

I used one of Mandt's Today themes which gave me a grey buttoned PIN screen with a white background - good enough for me:

post-204153-1164122332_thumb.jpg

And the today screen:

post-204153-1164122549_thumb.jpg

I haven't bothered changing the splash screen, but I'm sure Mandt has had a go.

Guest richard_d
I haven't bothered changing the splash screen, but I'm sure Mandt has had a go.

Just checked the half-remembered post and it was changing the windows splash screen not the T-Mobile one - I'm sure it must be possible though...