Wifi turned off after a soft reset

Guest trongnghi

Guest trongnghi

I have noted that the Wifi setting on my Vario2 is turned off after a soft reset. This happens every time I run a program to perform a software reset on the device.

Does anyone know any trick of how to get round of this problem?

By the way, if I press the soft reset button then I don't get this problem. I prefer to run a program to reset the device because the reset button is very fragil and can be easily broken before my 18 month contract expires.

Many thanks

Trong

Not sure exactly what you mean by wifi setting? I assume you mean whether wifi is enabled or disabled.

If you switch wifi on..through say comms manager/wifi toggle button you will enable/disable the wifi function completly...settings eg security keys should not be lost.

However as a rule, Wi-fi should not be left on as it tends to drain the already short battery life on a Vario II.

ie I do not think that you should leave wi-fi enabled as this will run your battery life out rather quickly.

If you require it on always.....its not a massive step to have to manually re-enable it each time.....after a soft-reset....Not sure why you would get different behaviour when using a "button" will have to test this myself.

Hope that this helps.

Bluetooth is the same in that it will run down the battery life of the machine so should be disabled when not in use.

You can obviously determine status of either bluetooth/wifi by simply looking at front panel led's.

Guest trongnghi

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, my message was not clear. What I meant was - Wifi is disabled by WM5 whenever I run the program to perform a soft reset. I have to manually enable Wifi after reboot.

It is strange that WM5 does not disable bluetooth altogether. This has led me to think that there may be a registry setting to tell WM5 not to disable Wifi when it receives a soft reset request from the program.