Why does SPVM3100 have less useful functionality than a bog-standard nokia?

Guest wonderstoat

Guest wonderstoat

Hi

I'm new to the board, but hope you can help me.

I've trawled through and can't find the relevant answer, so here goes ...

I have 2 questions

1) Contact Groups

How can I set up contact groups (or distribution) lists on my SPV-M3100? I have various distribution lists set up in Outlook but they don't appear on the Windows Mobile. Does anyone know any software that will allow me to do this? It seems strange that I could do this on my last couple of ordinary nokia's but can't do it on Windows Mobile 5.0. Also, assuming that I could set up a Group, could I send a group both emails and SMS?

2) Phone on/off timer

Does anyone know of an App that would turn the phone on and off on my device. I'd like it to automatically turn off e.g. each night and turn on again in the morning. I use the device to read in bed at night, but I don't want anyone to phone me (and wake up the wife!!!!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Conor

Guest ChrisS/P1
Hi

I'm new to the board, but hope you can help me.

I've trawled through and can't find the relevant answer, so here goes ...

I have 2 questions

1) Contact Groups

How can I set up contact groups (or distribution) lists on my SPV-M3100? I have various distribution lists set up in Outlook but they don't appear on the Windows Mobile. Does anyone know any software that will allow me to do this? It seems strange that I could do this on my last couple of ordinary nokia's but can't do it on Windows Mobile 5.0. Also, assuming that I could set up a Group, could I send a group both emails and SMS?

2) Phone on/off timer

Does anyone know of an App that would turn the phone on and off on my device. I'd like it to automatically turn off e.g. each night and turn on again in the morning. I use the device to read in bed at night, but I don't want anyone to phone me (and wake up the wife!!!!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Conor

Conor,

I've no idea about point 1, but as far as point 2 is concerned you need a copy of PhoneAlarm. In Settings - Profiles there is a yellow clock next to the profile drop down list. Clicking this allows you to schedule profile changes. I've got mine set up to swtich to Home at 8am and switch to Night at midnight. Does the trick for me.

Thanks

Chris

Conor,

I've no idea about point 1, but as far as point 2 is concerned you need a copy of PhoneAlarm. In Settings - Profiles there is a yellow clock next to the profile drop down list. Clicking this allows you to schedule profile changes. I've got mine set up to swtich to Home at 8am and switch to Night at midnight. Does the trick for me.

Thanks

Chris

I agree with Chris and of course you also get profiles which any £30 Nokia would have as well :)

E

Guest wonderstoat

^^^^ Gents - thanks a million, I'll check it out. Now, does no-one have an answer on the 1st point? How do I send to many via a contacts group/distribution list?