T-Mobile Screen alignment replacement after 30 days?

Guest plainz

I now have occassional screen alignment issues after hard reset to make it more stable. I never had this before the reset.

I am about 2 months into my contract and bought from a store. Has anyone managed to get a replacement straight away after the 30 day period or is does it always have to go to repair?

Thanks

Guest tawse57
I now have occassional screen alignment issues after hard reset to make it more stable. I never had this before the reset.

I am about 2 months into my contract and bought from a store. Has anyone managed to get a replacement straight away after the 30 day period or is does it always have to go to repair?

Thanks

IMPO this problem is sounding more like a "Let's call Watchdog" issue. If I bought a TV from Dixons and it was faulty I would take it back and be handed a new one there and then or given my money back - why are mobile phones any different?

Guest richard_d
IMPO this problem is sounding more like a "Let's call Watchdog" issue. If I bought a TV from Dixons and it was faulty I would take it back and be handed a new one there and then or given my money back - why are mobile phones any different?

Dixons won't with something more comparable such as a PC if it's after 30 days - you'll only get a replacement if it's cheaper than a repair.

Guest richard_d
I've had mine about two months, and Voda gave me a replacement once it had been sent back to HTC, took about 10days.

So i dont see why t-mobile shouldnt.

If it can't be repaired they do.

Guest richard_d
Read this and then dig your heels in. It works! :)

I'm no lawyer but as far as I can see if the cost of repair is substantially less than the cost of replacement then the seller is entitled to get the unit repaired rather than replaced...

I'm no lawyer but as far as I can see if the cost of repair is substantially less than the cost of replacement then the seller is entitled to get the unit repaired rather than replaced...

I agree.

The seller is under no obligation to replace te device. This is what the warranty if for. If the retailer decides to offer anything above and beyond this legislation good for them, other than that, they are legally entitled to offer nothing more than a repair.

Guest bydandie

Not quite correct,

The cost of the device is subsidised within the line rental. Voda tried that arguement and lost. The buyer is entitled to choose a repair or replacement. The only point where the choice can be refused is if the repair is cheaper than the purchase price of the device. Otherwise the telco needs to refund the subsidy.

The purpose of this law is to force the burden onto the seller, rather than the manufacturer. And If I'm not right, then why did I win?

Guest bydandie
I agree.

The seller is under no obligation to replace te device. This is what the warranty if for. If the retailer decides to offer anything above and beyond this legislation good for them, other than that, they are legally entitled to offer nothing more than a repair.

Please feel free to point where you find this within the legislation, but it isn't there. The whole purpose of this amendment was to protect the buyer. Bear in mind that any failure within the first six months is deemed to be a failure at purchase.

Guest Christopher Woods

Thanks

From what others have said on this thread, you should be ok. Also, what model number is your Hermes? There's a thread on the XDA-Developers Hermes subforum discussing this issue, and people who've had problems (and those who haven't, touchwood) have all posted up their model numbers with the aim of producing a guide as to which batches of units seem to have alignment issues and which don't. It seems to be a hardware issue too as opposed to software, as at least one person's fixed the issue by taking the device apart themselves and doing some homebrew hacking...

Best of luck with your repair/replacement!

Please feel free to point where you find this within the legislation, but it isn't there. The whole purpose of this amendment was to protect the buyer. Bear in mind that any failure within the first six months is deemed to be a failure at purchase.

I'm not sure what I am going on about really, other than replacing the device would be directly disproportionate to the cost of repair? If this is the case are they therefore allowed to offer just the repair?

I would i had the patience for contract law!

Regardless, take bydandie's advice, as it is quite possible that they will issue you with a replacement device to save consumer satisfaction.

Alternatively, you can call the call-centre where i work and i'll give you a replacement code :)

I'm not sure what I am going on about really, other than replacing the device would be directly disproportionate to the cost of repair? If this is the case are they therefore allowed to offer just the repair?

I would i had the patience for contract law!

Regardless, take bydandie's advice, as it is quite possible that they will issue you with a replacement device to save consumer satisfaction.

Alternatively, you can call the call-centre where i work and i'll give you a replacement code :)

thanks for all the advice

at the moment problem seems not to be getting worse. Uninstalled some stuff and that seems to have helped for now.

the version is a 635 so i hoped i'd been lucky enough not to get it.