orange spv m3100 and tomtom 6

Guest crystal_clear

Guest crystal_clear

As you can all guess, this is relating to the title, does anybody know how to configure the internal gps, to work with the tomtom 6 navigation package.

Have installed tomtom 6, all functions appear to work, just donw to how to configure the GPS bit.

all help or pointers would be appreciated.

This phone doesn't have an internal GPS as far as I know. You will need a seperate GPS device whether it be bluetooth or wired.

There's plenty of places that sell the GPS seperately, you might want to do a search on the forum to find out which is the best maybe in terms of signal strength and such like.

Edited by Rob.P

Guest crystal_clear
This phone doesn't have an internal GPS as far as I know. You will need a seperate GPS device whether it be bluetooth or wired.

There's plenty of places that sell the GPS seperately, you might want to do a search on the forum to find out which is the best maybe in terms of signal strength and such like.

I have a microsoft GPS device, but it's one that plugs into laptop, is it possible to use this, and possible to get a usb to micro usb converter to plug into the M3100, would it work????

Even though I have PM'd you the info, thought I'd better put that info in this thread in case anyone else had a Microsoft GPS and wanted to hook it up to their PocketPC.

This company appears to do accessories that allow plugins for CF and bluetooth connections to various devices.