Agile no longer free?

Guest elhornet

Guest elhornet

So I installed the version of Agile in the 'Pauls best free software' sticky.

Just ran it, and it told me an update was available which I installed.

Now I have a 7 day trial. Awesome :)

Now I have a 7 day trial. Awesome :P

:) OH NO! - :D Just had a look at the official Agile Mobile site and yip its true! 7 Day trial and its not cheep eather to pay for it as you can do it in like instalments - 3 Month Service Plan € 9.95 - 6 Month Service Plan € 14.95 - 1 Year Service Plan € 24.95 :D - Full info here - http://billing.am-im.net/am/eur.php

Pity as it was a fab app - Looks like I will have to wait for Messenger Live!

Edited by M1TNT

Now I have a 7 day trial. Awesome :)

What happens if you don't run the update?

What happens if you don't run the update?

Well to me it seems you just have to run the update.

I've only been using it rarely, and yesterday when I launched it it told me that a new version is available and that I must download to proceed. The only button was "OK". So I went ahead and downloaded the approx 1MB update, which installed itself afterwards. But it didn't even work. It said it is not a Windows CE program or something like that. It didn't even upgrade properly - the old version was still there taking up space.

So I've uninstalled both today, to go to the Agile website and download a working version, only to find out it is no longer free... For a program that I've used mostly for fun, and perhaps once in 2-3 months, I really don't think it would make sense for me to purchase a license (one time fee) not even to pay for a subscription (which seems to be the only option now).

It could be worth for those who use it everyday, but I'll have to search for some free replacement, or stick with MSN Messenger...

Rado

Guest astuermer

I bought Agile about 1 year ago, where a lifetime-license costs about 19.95 EUR. Sadly those price is history... I moved my S60 license to PPC this week, worked without problems thru AgileMobile's supportcentre, but I wouldn't buy a new one at the new prices - even it is a really good program.

for at least a month or two they've been charging. However its still free over wifi!

But i didnt think it was that good. So i've not re-installed it on my replacement, going to wait for the Windows Live pocket pc messenger.

for at least a month or two they've been charging. However its still free over wifi!

But i didnt think it was that good. So i've not re-installed it on my replacement, going to wait for the Windows Live pocket pc messenger.

when they eventually release it :)

Guest Prosody

There's a WM5 Alpha version of Agile Messenger I still have somewhere that you can still use if you find it.

It asks to update the software but you can say no, I noticed in the Beta versions and up you can't skip the update.

Needless to say it's very naughty to do so, if you like a product alot then you should really pay for it. :)

Edited by Prosody