just got a Compact iii. where is the best place for accessories

Guest mungosdad

Guest mungosdad

Hi

After 4 years with Orange i've left them and gone to T-mobile. I've the compact 3 but I want to get a few things. Can anybody here help me with the best/cheapest places for the following:

1) a case - slim as possible, like the silicom ones.

2) screen protector. I've got some that I had for my SPV M2000, but that screen is much bigger.

3) car charger - T-mobile dont seem to supply one in the box

4) Micro sd card- big enough for Tom Tom.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Guest chiquita
Hi

After 4 years with Orange i've left them and gone to T-mobile. I've the compact 3 but I want to get a few things. Can anybody here help me with the best/cheapest places for the following:

1) a case - slim as possible, like the silicom ones.

2) screen protector. I've got some that I had for my SPV M2000, but that screen is much bigger.

3) car charger - T-mobile dont seem to supply one in the box

4) Micro sd card- big enough for Tom Tom.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Yep I've just done that too, Orange didn't even put up a fight - so good riddance! Are you keeping your number? If so how did it go?

I'm just waiting for my PAC to come through before I actually start using my CIII properly.

As stormuk said there should be a little sticky screen protector in the box where the manuals where kept. I've put mine on but it's a bit bubbly so it might not stay.

I was lucky with my ciii as I somehow managed to wangle them into them including CoPilot for free, so I'll get a car charger with that (plus an extra gps receiver...).

Guest BrownSource

I also got my 1gb micro SD from moby for £22 incl shipping - v fast service.

GPSforless is a good site as you can browse all categories by device (4 pages for MDAC3) - use the LH menu and choose T-mobile accessories then select MDA compact III at the top - here's a link I made earlier!!! <_<

http://www.gpsforless.co.uk/search.php?st=...20Compact%20III

If you're interested in a Herbert Richter car cradle, there isn't one available on GPSforless yet, but they got pretty much everything else, but I keep checking this site and it should appear soon I hope.

For navigation software I have found Handtec http://www.handtec.co.uk/ to be a bit cheaper than most - but I'd be interested to know if anyone knows where to get Tomtom 6 GB on a mem card for less than £65 incl shipping?

hope this helps

Guest mungosdad
Yep I've just done that too, Orange didn't even put up a fight - so good riddance! Are you keeping your number? If so how did it go?

I'm just waiting for my PAC to come through before I actually start using my CIII properly.

As stormuk said there should be a little sticky screen protector in the box where the manuals where kept. I've put mine on but it's a bit bubbly so it might not stay.

I was lucky with my ciii as I somehow managed to wangle them into them including CoPilot for free, so I'll get a car charger with that (plus an extra gps receiver...).

How did you manage to co pilot for free - which tarrif did you choose, did you take the insurance.

I'm on the flext 35 at £30 a month, I never use the internet on a my mobile so didn't bother with web and walk, and didn't take the insurance. The price was £19.99 for the handset but after a lot of wrangling i managed to get it for free. They definatly wern't going to give me co pilot, or any thing else.

I've just ordered a 512micro sd card of ebay for £8 delivered. I had some screen protectors for my spv m2000 which i cut to size and am using.

All i need now is a case and car charger.

Guest chiquita
How did you manage to co pilot for free - which tarrif did you choose, did you take the insurance.

I'm on the flext 35 at £30 a month, I never use the internet on a my mobile so didn't bother with web and walk, and didn't take the insurance. The price was £19.99 for the handset but after a lot of wrangling i managed to get it for free. They definatly wern't going to give me co pilot, or any thing else.

I've just ordered a 512micro sd card of ebay for £8 delivered. I had some screen protectors for my spv m2000 which i cut to size and am using.

All i need now is a case and car charger.

Flext 35 too, but the main reason for moving to Tmob was for WnW so I took that too.

I'm not sure how/why I got it free. I went in at lunch time and asked if they had any Ciii's in. He said yeah, and started showing it to me. Then he started trying to sell me a Vario plus CoPilot for nothing. I wanted to think about it, so he said if you come back today I'll give you £40 of accessories...

So after thinking about it, and deciding I wanted the Ciii after all, I went back at about 4.45.

I asked for the Ciii...

he got it out, and said "it's 19.99... but we could do that for free for you. Now do you want CoPilot?"

"Errrr how much, I ask? "

"ooooohhh I could do it for £60.... Alright £40..."

"But you said I could have £40 before..."

"Ahh go on then you can have that for free too... but you'll need to take it the insurance to make it worthwhile for us... which you can always cancel within 14 days.."

"Go on then" I say...

They didn't actually have any in stock on MicroSD at the the time, but I just picked it up this morning - along with the receipt saying the price is actually £199.99.

I think I did OK really... :)

Edited by chiquita

"Go on then" I say...

They didn't actually have any in stock on MicroSD at the the time, but I just picked it up this morning - along with the receipt saying the price is actually £199.99.

I think I did OK really... :D

:) Flipping heck, you did pretty well, I was thinking of getting an MDA III but I was going to order online.

It seems like paying a visit to the shop might be better.

Online you get a discount on the line rental, do you get this in the shop as well? or is it just a web offer.

Cheers

Guest mungosdad
:) Flipping heck, you did pretty well, I was thinking of getting an MDA III but I was going to order online.

It seems like paying a visit to the shop might be better.

Online you get a discount on the line rental, do you get this in the shop as well? or is it just a web offer.

Cheers

Yes you do get the discount on the line rental. I'm paying £30 for flext 35

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FatBloke23

It seems that sales at the T-Mobile stores aren't too great at the moment.

I walked into my local one on Nov 30th, just wanting to have a look and confirm whether it'd have WiFi*...while random lackey was showing it to me, the manager stepped up and said he'd throw in CoPilot for free if I signed up there and then.

* The salesman said yes, but I knew better thanks to you lot!

I said I was in a hurry but could come back next week. He said he wouldn't be able to do me the offer - basically, they'd had a slow November and needed to get the numbers up. 20 minutes later, and I was out of there with a shiny new phone :)

I ended up paying absolutely nothing for phone+CoPilot, on Flext 30 (£25/month with discount) with WnW and the insurance (which'll get cancelled tomorrow). Superb!

So, the moral of the story is, go into your local store at the end of the month and see what they offer you. Of course, it'd probably mean waiting until January now.

BTW, to the chap who's looking forward to an extra GPS receiver with CoPilot - the MDA Compact III flavour doesn't come with one. Maybe that's why they can afford to just give it away.

Edited by FatBloke23

Guest alex0078
eXpansys is one of the best places for good quality accesories.

but the worst customer service. From my experience, once you bought smth from expansys - they don't give a s**t about you anymore. They do not respect UK consumer laws and treat you badly in every respect.

Return smth to them (even faulty) is a nightmare. DO NOT GO FOR EXPANSYS.

Guest BrownSource

Hmmm... have dilemma now, as expansys has a custom Herbert Richter car holder for the MDAC3 a bargain £3.95 :D showing on the HTC site http://www.expansys.com/htc/p_htc_item.aspx?i=142065

Connects to any Herbert Richter mount. Looks cool, but I never ordered off expansys before and am put off a bit by the above posts re eXpansys cust servce.

But nobody else I know is stocking a custom car holder except for GPSforless who have a very expensive brodit version, but GPSforless are excellent for service, hence the dilemma. newayz, here goes, wish me luck! :)

• 1 month later...
Guest BrownSource

Following on from previous post I thought I'd update that the Herbert Richter custom holder (and goosneck) both arrived on Saturday - bit of a wait as ordered on 15Dec, but £14.95 total incl shipping for a custom fit (passive) holder I am well pleased.

I have to say this is a rock solid car accessory - no vibration at all, and excellent suction. This holder is very light, so combined with a light device, it is much more stable than my old universal holder and cheapo goosneck for my old device (MDA3)

Wud definitely recommend it

• 4 weeks later...