Hermes and WM6/5.5/Crossbow?

Guest ChrisS/P1

Guest ChrisS/P1

Before I start I have to admit to being fairly new to PPC's, so I may well be talking rubish.

I bought a Vario II about 2 months ago and am loving it.

The problem is I need more and WM5 just doesn't seem to quite hit the mark. HTML email support would be nice for a start. I've tried FlexMail 2007 but uninstalled due to lack of MMS and notification problems.

I am wondering about the upcoming new OS version(Crossbow?) and it's compatability with Hermes devices.

After reading a recent review linked to on this site, there are a number of features I would love on my Hermes.

I'm going to take a guess that most providers will not release new WM6 ROMS for the Hermes (although it is possible).

I'm wondering if there is going to be any way to get WM6 (Crossbow) onto a Hermes device?

Sorry, longwinded way of asking a simple question.

Thanks

Chris

Guest kurtfhouse
Before I start I have to admit to being fairly new to PPC's, so I may well be talking rubish.

I bought a Vario II about 2 months ago and am loving it.

The problem is I need more and WM5 just doesn't seem to quite hit the mark. HTML email support would be nice for a start. I've tried FlexMail 2007 but uninstalled due to lack of MMS and notification problems.

I am wondering about the upcoming new OS version(Crossbow?) and it's compatability with Hermes devices.

After reading a recent review linked to on this site, there are a number of features I would love on my Hermes.

I'm going to take a guess that most providers will not release new WM6 ROMS for the Hermes (although it is possible).

I'm wondering if there is going to be any way to get WM6 (Crossbow) onto a Hermes device?

Sorry, longwinded way of asking a simple question.

Thanks

Chris

I would say from past instances that your right, its highly unlikely the new OS will be made available by your operator for you to update your phone or by HTC either.

There may well be an illegal version floating around the net though at some point. Back when I had the old Motorola MPx200 a dodgy release of WM2003 SE came out from somewhere which I know a lot of people managed to upgrade their phones to from WM2003.

At the moment though its just impossible to say, there isn't even a phone out yet with Crossbow.

Guest randomelements

Don't forget, operators haven't even set dates when they're going to release WM5 AKU3 for existing devices yet.

You're normally looking at approx 6 months from MS handing the OS to operators and then seeing phones ship with it. It's then even longer before upgrade ROMs start appearing, if at all.