O2 XDA Orbit in O2 stores already!

Guest alex0078

Guest alex0078

Just to let you know - I've seen XDA Orbit (HTC Artemis) in stock in O2 shop in London today (Surrey Quays Shopping Centre).

They told me it's free with 70 quid monthly contract, 130 pounds with 35-70 quid a month and 240 or 250 with the below 35 a month.

Guest feridoun

Yeah I've just bought it for 50 pounds plus 35 pounds/mth with 400mins and 500 texts, free weekends, 12mths .

but note there is NO GPS software and you have to buy copilot separately at an additional 50 pounds depending on your tariff.

I love it. It looks great and the track ball and dial work really nicely as opposed to some of the comments I've recently read.

Apps don't have the extra close button as seen on the HTC version

Edited by feridoun

Guest suleman_786

I just phoned O2 customer services as my upgrade was due. First they were telling me that the orbit would cost £99.99 on upgrade when my average monthly bill was £35 with 400 anytime anyone mins. They said it would cost £270 from O2 shop. I hung up and phoned again, but this time i went in the option to disconnect my line. I told them i want to disconnect because T-mobile are giving there MDA compact III (which is similar to the orbit) for £39.99 on £35 a month line (12 months contract) with 500 mins and 500 text. The guy put me on hold for 5 mins but then came back and said he'll match T-mobile for me. I should be expecting the xda orbit in the next 3 working days. If your upgrade is due....dont bother telling them you want to upgrade. Just tell them u want to disconnect as T-mobile are doing it cheaper with more mins.

Guest calforba

Yesterday I ordered one of these from o2

It was only available to businesses - call 0800 013 6679

The first salesman insisted that the minimum package was £45 per Month so I hung up and called again.

The second salesperson told me the minimul package was £35 per month so I ordered as a new customer exporting from Orange.

The deal was absolutely standard so I assume this is how they have now decided to pitch it.

BEST FOR BUSINESS Tarrif

Handset: £115.50 +VAT

Contract: £29.79 +VAT (p/m)

250 Mins

50 texts

Go for a 24 Month Contract 500mins per month and free calls evenings and weekends for life...

Handset to arrive within 10 days (told will be probably be more like 5).

Good luck

Guest debully
Yesterday I ordered one of these from o2

It was only available to businesses - call 0800 013 6679

The first salesman insisted that the minimum package was £45 per Month so I hung up and called again.

The second salesperson told me the minimul package was £35 per month so I ordered as a new customer exporting from Orange.

The deal was absolutely standard so I assume this is how they have now decided to pitch it.

BEST FOR BUSINESS Tarrif

Handset: £115.50 +VAT

Contract: £29.79 +VAT (p/m)

250 Mins

50 texts

Go for a 24 Month Contract 500mins per month and free calls evenings and weekends for life...

Handset to arrive within 10 days (told will be probably be more like 5).

Good luck

Just phone o2shop in Worcester -

I was a new customer porting from Orange:

I got an Orbit - Free

Contract Length - 12 Months

Contract Price - £35 / month

Minuites - 400 anytime/any network + unlimited sat,sun,mon anynetwork anytime for 6 months.

Texts - 100 / month.

I didn't even have to blag em - they just threw this at me and I willingly accepted.

Guest cadaway

Went in to the local O2 shop at lunchtime with a view to getting one of these. Guy in the shop said that it was only available to personal users with CoPilot, and that other GPS software would not work. Although I suspect that he was talking crap, has anyone run TomTom or Cameraware on the Orbit.