Sick of Vario II

Guest RRB

Hi

Had my Vario II now for 2 months and im really sick of all the issues with it.

Aligning screen constantly

Crashing

Freezing

Wont come out of sleep

Keyboard not working sometimes.

And other stuff

I have minimal software installed on it and its getting me down. Anyone know what my chances are of returning the device to T-Mobile and being able to choose another phone ?

Regards

Guest ChrisS/P1
Hi

Had my Vario II now for 2 months and im really sick of all the issues with it.

Aligning screen constantly

Crashing

Freezing

Wont come out of sleep

Keyboard not working sometimes.

And other stuff

I have minimal software installed on it and its getting me down. Anyone know what my chances are of returning the device to T-Mobile and being able to choose another phone ?

Regards

I used to have the 'Not waking up' problem on my Vario II but seem to have got rid of the problem.

Just out of interest, do you have messages setup to store attachments on the Storage Card? I did, but since unchecking that check box, it hasn't hung at all.

It's been about 10 days now without a crash. I was getting a couple of crashes a day.

Chris

I used to have the 'Not waking up' problem on my Vario II but seem to have got rid of the problem.

Just out of interest, do you have messages setup to store attachments on the Storage Card? I did, but since unchecking that check box, it hasn't hung at all.

It's been about 10 days now without a crash. I was getting a couple of crashes a day.

Chris

No i have that box unchecked. I would really just prefer to give the thing back and choose another phone to be honest. Quite happy with T-mobile but i really do think the phone is crap. Just wondering if its possible to do that. Im on an 18 month contract and dont think i can put up with this thing for that time

Guest jimbouk

It sounds like you have either got a dog or have installed a couple of apps that conflict with the OS and/or each other. There are many people here with the various Hermes models and 99% of them are happy.

I would try a hard reset... then sync your data back on but don't install any programs - then use it for a couple of days and see if the problems go away. You can then add any essential apps - and if the problems come back you know its one of them.

As said above - screen alignment usually refers to a hardware issue and they should replace it.

Guest Kallisti
It sounds like you have either got a dog or have installed a couple of apps that conflict with the OS and/or each other. There are many people here with the various Hermes models and 99% of them are happy.

Betcha he has Batti installed, still on your BEST list Paul?

Guest dearsina

Just spoke to T-Mobile, wanted to upgrade to the Vario II, realise now why they are so cheap, no upgrades *at all* till my 18-month contract is finished. Long gone are the days when I called O on a 3-4 monthly basis to get a new phone.

In the words of GOB from Arrested Development: I've made a huge mistake.

Guest kurtfhouse
Just spoke to T-Mobile, wanted to upgrade to the Vario II, realise now why they are so cheap, no upgrades *at all* till my 18-month contract is finished. Long gone are the days when I called O on a 3-4 monthly basis to get a new phone.

I used to do the same on Orange every 3-4 months when I was on the old Orange Premier £55 a month tariff :D

I plan to just sell my MDA Compact III on Ebay when I am bored of it. As long as its in good nick I should get a few hundred for it, then I'll buy a sim free device from Expansys. Okay not as good as the old upgrades but will keep the cost of a new handset down a lot :)

Guest jchamier

I guess if w n'w / Flext aren't what you need then perhaps ;-)

Personally its been a revelation, don't need to think about VoIP/Skype anymore, I've never got anywhere near using my allowance in a month, and unlimited data is just cool :)