Phone not responding and Missing Calls & Texts

Guest GarethWW

Guest GarethWW

Hi,

Please help me someone, as this issue is driving me MAD!

After being on for a while my phone misses calls and texts, even though they are shown in the call register. Also when I try to do anything (phone, calendar, even the start button) I get an error:

Can''t find ":mscdial" or one of it''s components .........

This has happened from when the phone was only a few weeks old and happens at least 2 or 3 times a day!

As the phone is only 2 months old, I do not want to do a ROM upgrade in case things get worse.

I am in the UK, so it can''t be the dreaded missed calls issue due to the USA band thing.

HELP PLEASE!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest abhayseth

Ditto Mate...!

the problem occurs - when one of the softwares gets installed. The only way is to reboot your phone & do a hard reset - also check the date & time update - once that gets changed automatically you the phone wont log your missed calls or recvd calls.

Regards,

:)

Hi,

Please help me someone, as this issue is driving me MAD!

After being on for a while my phone misses calls and texts, even though they are shown in the call register. Also when I try to do anything (phone, calendar, even the start button) I get an error:

Can''t find ":mscdial" or one of it''s components .........

This has happened from when the phone was only a few weeks old and happens at least 2 or 3 times a day!

As the phone is only 2 months old, I do not want to do a ROM upgrade in case things get worse.

I am in the UK, so it can''t be the dreaded missed calls issue due to the USA band thing.

HELP PLEASE!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest casManG

I had this problem for awhile and found out that it seemed to be from installing the DontForget program. Now, I have only used versions of DontForget prior to the newest 2.0 but that is because I don't want to risk the problem showing up again. Anyway, ever since I havn't installed DontForget, I have not had the problem with the missing mscontacts or mscdial error

Guest GarethWW

Thanks for the replies.

I did try to uninstall software before reading these and did indeed find that the problem was related to DontForget. I uninstalled it, and everything is now OK.

Gareth

Guest My_Immortal
Thanks for the replies.

I did try to uninstall software before reading these and did indeed find that the problem was related to DontForget. I uninstalled it, and everything is now OK.

Gareth

This is really odd.. I have Qtek 8500 version and I have installed DontForget 2 a week ago and I haven't noticed such problems. Did the problems occur instantly after the installation or after a while?

Should I have my eyes open..? :)

Guest GarethWW
This is really odd.. I have Qtek 8500 version and I have installed DontForget 2 a week ago and I haven't noticed such problems. Did the problems occur instantly after the installation or after a while?

Should I have my eyes open..? :)

It happened a while afterwards, so YES I would keep my eyes open if I were you! It probably depends on exactly which vewrsion of both application and ROM you have.

Gareth

• 3 weeks later...
Guest wingzerothree
Thanks for the replies.

Gareth

I also use dont forget and have seen the same problem.. happens every so often, no biggee for now