Today Screen Plugins

Guest MikeWard1701

Guest MikeWard1701

Hi

Can anyone recommend some good today screen plugins?

I'm initially looking for one that allows icon shortcuts to programs and folders. But others may prove useful.

Also is there any way to put more icons in the tray at the bottom of the today screen? Seems a bit useless only having the Battery and Comm Manager shortcuts in it.

Any info and advice greatly appreciated,

Mike

Edited by MikeWard1701

Guest MikeWard1701
Claunch will do exactly what you're after, have a look at these screenshots:

post-174863-1164925197.jpg

The website seems to be down at the moment so I've attached the CAB for you, helpful bugger that I am!

cLaunch.arm.zip

Ooo ta matey :):):D

May be a silly question but.... how do I install the cab file?

Mike

Guest kurtfhouse
Ooo ta matey :):):D

May be a silly question but.... how do I install the cab file?

Mike

Sync your PPC to your computer, copy and paste the CAB onto your device (I normally just copy it to the root of the storage card) then use file explorer on your PPC to find your CAB and tap on it and it will install for you :P

Cheers

Kurt

Guest MikeWard1701
If you want paid for software - SBSH's iLauncher also does this and a fair bit more:

post-204153-1164964577_thumb.jpg

post-204153-1164964601_thumb.jpg

Might be worth looking at both.

Looks similar to cLaunch, wil have a look at it. Both have some good icons, though I'm guessing they don't come with the s/w. Any good sites fr getting those icons?

Also whats that weather plugin?

Mike

Guest richard_d
Looks similar to cLaunch, wil have a look at it. Both have some good icons, though I'm guessing they don't come with the s/w. Any good sites fr getting those icons?

Also whats that weather plugin?

Mike

The icons I use came from the SBSH support page - there's loads of them to choose from (and all free) posted by developers.

Also consider SPB Pocketplus - it's a similar tabbed launcher but with slightly different additions - I wouldn't say it's better or worse than SBSH's offering just slightly different. As to cLauncher I haven't tried it but it looks pretty good for the price :)

The Weather App is SPB Weather (it's the only one I've found that allows you to use BBC Weather data).

Most of the icons I use I made myself, shout if you want 'em and I'll send 'em your way :)

Richard_d, you got a shortcut to your wi-fi there? how'd you do that?

Edited by mandt

HI GUYS

I HAVE JUST PUT CLAUNCHER ON TO MY M3100 AND IT LOOKS COOL AND WORKS GR8 - WITH A LITTLE TINKERING TO GET SETTINGS JUST RIGHT , THANKS FOR YOUR FORUM

REGARDS

J :)

Guest richard_d
Most of the icons I use I made myself, shout if you want 'em and I'll send 'em your way :)

Richard_d, you got a shortcut to your wi-fi there? how'd you do that?

With ilauncher you can create shortcuts to any apps settings etc. You basically just browse through the folders.

Guest MikeWard1701

Hi folks,

Thinking of buying the SPB Today Suite but it doesn't have a weather listing for Hull / Kingston upon Hull. :)

Anyone know where I can get the required info to add it as a custom City?

Hope I can find one as the they seem great so far.

Mike

Guest richard_d
Hi folks,

Thinking of buying the SPB Today Suite but it doesn't have a weather listing for Hull / Kingston upon Hull. :)

Anyone know where I can get the required info to add it as a custom City?

Hope I can find one as the they seem great so far.

Mike

Your best bet is to use the BBC template and find the code on the Website. It's on the Pdagold site or PM me and I'll send it to you.

Guest MikeWard1701
Your best bet is to use the BBC template and find the code on the Website. It's on the Pdagold site or PM me and I'll send it to you.

Thanks Richard.

Just tried it and its working fine :) :D :P

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MikeWard1701

Since I've been asked about it and in case anyone else wants it, here's the BBC Weather template for Spb Weather.

Will also add it to the Spb Weather thread in Pocket PC Software if there is one.

The zip contains all you need to use BBC as your weather source, readme file explaining it all is also included.

Mike

SPB_Weather_Template___BBC_Weather_1.2.zip

• 4 weeks later...
Since I've been asked about it and in case anyone else wants it, here's the BBC Weather template for Spb Weather.

Will also add it to the Spb Weather thread in Pocket PC Software if there is one.

The zip contains all you need to use BBC as your weather source, readme file explaining it all is also included.

Mike

Mike - I'd like to say that that is probably the single most useful post I personally have found here for a long time.

Only my personal point of view I know - but I'd like to say thank you very much.

If you want paid for software - SBSH's iLauncher also does this and a fair bit more:

post-204153-1164964577_thumb.jpg

post-204153-1164964601_thumb.jpg

Might be worth looking at both.

Richard - any chance you can let me know what the second plug-in is on your today screen?

The one that looks like it is displaying sunrise and sunset times.......as well as possibly the moonphase?

Cheers in advance.

Guest Killian
The icons I use came from the SBSH support page - there's loads of them to choose from (and all free) posted by developers.

Also consider SPB Pocketplus - it's a similar tabbed launcher but with slightly different additions - I wouldn't say it's better or worse than SBSH's offering just slightly different. As to cLauncher I haven't tried it but it looks pretty good for the price :)

The Weather App is SPB Weather (it's the only one I've found that allows you to use BBC Weather data).

If you see one of his posts he does mention its the SPB Weather plugin :D

Guest Killian
If you see one of his posts he does mention its the SPB Weather plugin :D

Yeah....... completely ignore my above post............. thats not what you were asking at all is it!!!

:)

Sorry!!

Cheers Richard.

Going to push my luck now......what you using fo screen captures from your PPC?

I've tried one or two, but being particular, I haven't a freeware one that suits me......yet.....

Guest richard_d
Cheers Richard.

Going to push my luck now......what you using fo screen captures from your PPC?

I've tried one or two, but being particular, I haven't a freeware one that suits me......yet.....

I use Vito's product - not free but cheap. I've also tried coolcapture which comes with coolcamera which isn't bad freeware...