FlexT offers

Guest stevo_knuckles

Guest stevo_knuckles

Anyone seen these? they look like amazing offers.

http://www.tmobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?menuid=orphan_flext

Our new Flext price plans give you minutes or texts when you need them.

Instead of being limited to a fixed number or minutes and texts every month, Flext plans give you a monthly allowance which you can use for voice calls, voicemail, texts and picture messages to any UK network at any time. So whether you have a text-heavy month or go call crazy, you're covered with Flext.

You don't have to decide in advance, just use your allowance however you like.

Even if you use your allowance, you still get the same great value call rates.

It's easy to keep track because we send you a text every week with how much allowance you have left and the date of your next bill.

To make sure you're on the best plan for you, after six months we'll contact you and recommend a different plan if that helps reduce your bill.

There are actually 2 different price plans and the higher one looks excellent.

tmobflext5tt.jpg

The only thing that seems to be missing for me is Data. Now I am happy with my web n walk Tariff and I also have a Vodafone Contract with STC that covers off the calls and texts but seriously if I was in the market for a new contract then I would certainly look into this offer.

Guest stevo_knuckles

I think the GPRS is something that you are going to have to add as a bundle Paul. I am trying to find out how it all works on that score. Would be a shame not to include it within but then I suppose that would encroach on the web n walk tariffs?

Guest stevo_knuckles

Right basically if you don't add a data bundle on top then it's charged at ?7.50 per mb which yup is damn expensive but you can add a data allowance as per the other tariffs.

I won't type them all out but here is a link to the data bundles you can add.

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?menui...nternet_bundles

I could actually have Internet 55 which would give me 55mb of data on top of The FlexT 35 at ?35

So basically For ?60 I could have ?180 worth of credit for calls/texts/mms & voice mail plus the addition of 55mb of data.

Not bad at all really, not bad at all.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest moroni

carphone and phones4u are both doing 6 months free on the first day!

as if this tarif wasnt good enough already!

I cant wait to see what the online stores will be giving away with flext 35 for all their punters, methinks there could be some rather tasty freebies! :)

Guest blueflash

T mobile now added Vario to FlexT phones so for ?15 a month, I can get a vario for ?60

I mostly use text.. been using O2 pay as you go foe last 6months.

Any other better deals for a Vario (carphone warehouse has moto L6 for ?4.99 a month madness)

Think orange will be able to compete when they relase M600?

Guest Chuckles

Does anybody know how long this 25% off offer is going to last? Cause my orange contract is up in april and i want to get the FlexT 35 with an MDA Pro and am just hoping the plan will still be ?26.50 then.

Guest petencl
Right basically if you don't add a data bundle on top then it's charged at ?7.50 per mb which yup is damn

Are you sure about that? The T-Mobile direct guy I spoke to reckoned GPRS data was 75p per meg?

Does anybody know how long this 25% off offer is going to last? Cause my orange contract is up in april and i want to get the FlexT 35 with an MDA Pro and am just hoping the plan will still be ?26.50 then.

I did ask how long the offer would last for and he couldn't say but did say most T-Mobile offers like this run for a month and this current deal started March 1st, so it's likely it'll finish at the end of March.

Guest rockykabir
Are you sure about that? The T-Mobile direct guy I spoke to reckoned GPRS data was 75p per meg?

I doubt its 75p per MB mate (it would be cool if you can quote him so that T-Mobile are forced to charge you at that rate :) ).

The amount normally quoted is 75p per KB....maybe he is getting his KBs and MBs mixed up?

Guest petencl
I doubt its 75p per MB mate (it would be cool if you can quote him so that T-Mobile are forced to charge you at that rate :D ).

The amount normally quoted is 75p per KB....maybe he is getting his KBs and MBs mixed up?

I thought it seemed a bit low, damn should've got it in writing :)

Guest moroni

well blow me down!

?7.50 per month for UNLIMITED data allowance !

suddenly flext is looking better for me!

my rep is say unlimited means that!

find me the line that is dotted i say!!

Guest moroni

My source is my T-mobile sales exec, she had told me about 90 seconds earlier so i had to put stylus to screen and tap away with the good news!

i did ask her if it was really an unlimited usage and she said there would be 'NO FAIR USAGE POLICY AT ALL' so i could replace my broadband with an MDA-pro :-)

It will be starting as from 1st of next month as the mob are doing a reshuffle and a simplification of their tariffs from then.

now if only i could get coverage from them in my home town :)

Guest sporkguy

Blimey if this is true I may have to get myself a Vario very soon to run next to my D600 on Orange Liberate.... unlimited data for ?7.5 a month? :)

Guest moroni

My staff deal with the mob isnt quite as cheap as liberate is for you, but it seems we can get 50% off for life, even when i dont work for my current company :)

Guest sporkguy

Thats pretty good going.. as is Liberate. We've just switched to the new tariff - free minutes and texts to orange, no limitation, no line rental. Plus 30mb of data which isnt too shabby.. just wish they'd let us buy a competitive bundle!

(100th post, hurrah)

Guest redvers
My source is my T-mobile sales exec, she had told me about 90 seconds earlier so i had to put stylus to screen and tap away with the good news!

i did ask her if it was really an unlimited usage and she said there would be 'NO FAIR USAGE POLICY AT ALL' so i could replace my broadband with an MDA-pro :-)

It will be starting as from 1st of next month as the mob are doing a reshuffle and a simplification of their tariffs from then.

Well sorry to tell you but you source isn't quite right. There will be an "all you can eat" data bundle from 1st April, for only ?7.50 (or ?10 if you get the "business" version with 362kb UPLOAD speed!!) However, their will be a fair use policy if someone can make a decision about what it will be! The latest contender is a 2Gb cap, and once you bust it, you're dumped down to GPRS speeds.

The best part is, though, is the fact that there will be a 12 new versions of the Web 'n' Walk plans - one for each of the new Relax and Flext plans. These are ?7.50 above the respective plan rate and include the "all you can eat" data. Assuming the 25% discount continues (and it's likely it will, or else everyone will go to Carphone or Phones 4 U instead of buying direct!) then you'll also be getting 25% off the bundle price. Which is nice.

Guest redvers

Oh yeah, I forgot to add, the fact that there will be an extra ?7.50 bundled into the monthly charge will mean there will be better deals on handsets to take that in to account (assuming you do a Flext ?35 Web 'n' Walk as opposed to buying Flext ?35 and then adding the "all you can eat" bundle separately).

Guest rockykabir

wow...this is getting better and better :D

Although I will say that our American cousins have been spoilt rotten already with similar deals for quite a while now. :)

I will be joining Flext later this month, if I was to add the bundle, will I still get the 25% discount on that. Or will it be the case that I will have to move to this new Flext+Web N'Walk deal? I understand that the 25% discount is preserved under certain conditions, will this be one of those.

Actually, talking of which, I'll be extremely grateful if you can answer a lil question for me:

With exams going on, I don't think I'll be using my phone much - so, just to begin with, I might just get a lower Flext tariff (Flex 20 or 25 maybe).

- Will T-Mobile allow me to move up whilst preserving my 25% discount?

- Can this only be done once? i.e. if I see that I'm not using my phone as often as I used to, can I move back down to the lower Flex tariffs again and keep my discount?

Guest redvers
I will be joining Flext later this month, if I was to add the bundle, will I still get the 25% discount on that. Or will it be the case that I will have to move to this new Flext+Web N'Walk deal? I understand that the 25% discount is preserved under certain conditions, will this be one of those.

Actually, talking of which, I'll be extremely grateful if you can answer a lil question for me:

With exams going on, I don't think I'll be using my phone much - so, just to begin with, I might just get a lower Flext tariff (Flex 20 or 25 maybe).

- Will T-Mobile allow me to move up whilst preserving my 25% discount?

- Can this only be done once? i.e. if I see that I'm not using my phone as often as I used to, can I move back down to the lower Flex tariffs again and keep my discount?

If you join on Flext ?x and get 25% discount on that, you will not get the discount on any bundle applied to the account (e.g. text, mms, the all you can eat bundle).

If you join on Flext ?x and then move up to a higher price plan with includes the data bundle, you may lose the 25% discount.

If you join on Flext ?25 and move to Flext ?35, you mat lose the 25% discount.

I believe Flext automatically has a 6 month best plan check-up feature - you probably can't move down to a lower tariff until then.

You need to ask someone in sales/customer services!

Guest moroni

thats right about the 6 month check-up, they will call you every 6 months to make sure you are happy with your tariff and make sure its the right amount of minutes etc and if you are not using it all then you would be able to lower the tariff. HOWEVER if you want to change it downwards yourself, instead of waiting for your call, then you would have to wait until you are 11 months in to the contract.

Guest astro_nomenoff

I went for it!

I got the MDA compact 2 free on flext 35 and added a 12mb gprs package. In the first month I was nowhere near my airtime limits!!

They even threw in a jabra bt headset.

Check out THE LINK though, offering a 2gb ipod nano and a Samsung phone (forget which) and ?50 cashback if you sign up to flext 35 - let's start a thread listing the best flext 35 offers !!! could get crazy!

Guest petencl

Wow, T-Mobile seem pretty awesome right now. Shame the GSM1800 networks don't work that well in our (Victorian built, thick brick walls!) house, but I might be prepared to put up with crappy reception for flat-rate data. Anyone know if T-Mobile's 3G is on the same band (I haven't got a clue about 3G frequencies)?

Would it be asking too much for them to have the Nokia N80 next month too?

Guest rockykabir

Thanks for the replies guys :)

So here's the thing....I'm due to upgrade from my billing date on the 18th. I can either upgrade then or wait a few days until April for these new tariffs. My only worry is that there wouldn't be this 25% discount offer - have you guys got any hints as to whether this will continue? (or maybe something better?).

Man, T-Mobile are really making waves. Its strange how Orange are doing the complete opposite at the moment :?