FlexT offers

Guest stevo_knuckles

Guest shenson
But if you don't do voice/texts why not go for a pure data only connection for about ?17.50 a month?

Well there were some FT750 cashback deals with zero effectively free minimal term line rental and half price after 18 months. However those seem to have vanished now :)

Guest kiesy
My source is my T-mobile sales exec, she had told me about 90 seconds earlier so i had to put stylus to screen and tap away with the good news!

i did ask her if it was really an unlimited usage and she said there would be 'NO FAIR USAGE POLICY AT ALL' so i could replace my broadband with an MDA-pro :-)

It will be starting as from 1st of next month as the mob are doing a reshuffle and a simplification of their tariffs from then.

now if only i could get coverage from them in my home town :D

Your source is correct, there will be unlimited GRPS usage for ?7.50 per month, she may be wrong about the fair usage policy though. T-Mobile are re-doing their web'n'walk priceplans as of the 1st of April. Any price plan can be turned into a web'n'walk priceplan just by adding a ?7.50 bundle for Gprs usage.

Now that sounds good value for money!!! :)

Even at GPRS speeds that's much better than the alternatives.

It does sound too good to be true considering some of the ridiculously priced GPRS and 3G bundles around at the moment. With the exception of Orange's ?1 a day unlimited GPRS on PAYG...

I can think of at least two ways they could cripple it.

A stupidly low fair use is one. I can recall Orange's "access pack" which was marketed as unlimited "mobile internet" and got lots of publicity. Turned out it was WAP only and their definition of "unlimited" was a 10Mb fair use policy.

The other way is the infamous walled garden where you can only use XGb on a restricted number of sites without full internet access.

I'd certainly use T-mobile if this didn't have any catch. As someone who uses a mobile almost exclusively for internet access most of the existing tariffs either exclude GPRS/data calls from inclusive minutes or include cross network minutes which I'd never use.

I don't think T-Mobile would put a low fair usage policy on it, if you look at their fair usage policies from before and their current ones you'll find that none of them are low. Their instant email package has a 50 mb fair usage policy, the old FreeTime Price Plan had a 50 hour fair usage policy, etc. So my guess is that you are probably looking at about 500 - 1024 MB cap.

T-mobile has NEVER used a walled garden policy (after monitoring 3's so called success do you blame them?). It would ruin the point of the web'n'walk priceplans if they introduced a walled garden policy.

Whats the point of advertising about browsing the internet and then in small letters 'as long as you use the limited number of sites that we have an agreement with'. It would cost too much money to setup the systems to monitor every customers web history and then work out how to charge them.

Guest shenson

I guess that I've become cynical over the years. Just about every "marvellous" new package offered by mobile phone companies usually has a catch somewhere buried deep in the T&Cs.

However considering that ?7.50 would buy you 1Mb out of bundle or an unlimited package may be ?40 a month or more that is one hell of a jump.

I'd be absolutely delighted if it really is ?7.50 for a generous GPRS allowance. Even 100Mb fair usage would suit my purposes and I'd ditch Orange overnight.

Guest redvers

The one complaint I've heard about T-Mobile's Flext is that it doesn't include data. Within a couple of months of launching Flext directly, they're bringing out a 2gb data bundle for ?7.50. Me thinks that this was planned. A lot of the people who have been holding off on going to T-Mobile/Flext because of the high data charges are going to be falling over themselves come April 1st!

Guest shenson
The one complaint I've heard about T-Mobile's Flext is that it doesn't include data.

The other complaint I'd aim at it is that the rates don't make any distinction between on net, landline and off peak. Its not so good value to someone mainly making calls to landlines off peak.

Now I wonder if the unlimited GPRS bundle can be applied to the ?7.50 a month SIM only deal...

Guest moroni
The other complaint I'd aim at it is that the rates don't make any distinction between on net, landline and off peak. Its not so good value to someone mainly making calls to landlines off peak.

But I think thats the point of the call costs, there is no distiction, so that way it is totally clear how many minutes you get be it to on/off peak mobile or landline. AKAIK they are still doing the off peak 300o if thats all your using, but if not then flex is probably going to be very good for you.

Guest shadamehr

The best part is, though, is the fact that there will be a 12 new versions of the Web 'n' Walk plans - one for each of the new Relax and Flext plans. These are ?7.50 above the respective plan rate and include the "all you can eat" data. Assuming the 25% discount continues (and it's likely it will, or else everyone will go to Carphone or Phones 4 U instead of buying direct!) then you'll also be getting 25% off the bundle price. Which is nice.

Redvers - are you SURE you will get the discount on the data bundle add on too, if you take this out at the point of getting the new tariff?

Where did you get that info from?

Guest redvers

Assuming there's a Web 'n' Walk price plan which includes "all you can eat" data, then it isn't an additional bundle, it's part of your monthly price plan. If there's a discount on the monthly price plan, then that will include the "bundle" in the same way the minutes & texts part of the price plan are discounted.

Guest redvers

UMTS = 3G. When does the Vario II launch? Will it have a better camera than the Vario? (I'm assuming it'll have two for video calling). I like the functionality that the MDA Pro has, but not the form-factor!

Guest shadamehr
Assuming there's a Web 'n' Walk price plan which includes "all you can eat" data, then it isn't an additional bundle, it's part of your monthly price plan. If there's a discount on the monthly price plan, then that will include the "bundle" in the same way the minutes & texts part of the price plan are discounted.

Er,

But as we understand, it, and your posts seem to hint at, there ISN'T - that's the point... From the 1st of April, the way of adding or getting a data based or included account will differ from now...

You will from then, take an existing Flext Tariff...

You will then ADD the (new) ?7.50 BUNDLE...

Hence why I was asking... Where did it come from that the 'bundle' will be discountable too?

As your posts, and indeed, to be fair to you yourself for helping, our OWN reading of this is that the BUNDLE will be an add on option - NOT that there will be new TARIFFS already incorporating this.

In fact, from those 'test case users' who have found the add on web n walk bundle in their online account area for ?7.50, that is EXACTLY how it seems it will work...

You take a Flext tariff, then you ADD a new Data Bundle...??? But in our case, we were asking not about adding this to an existing account, but you seemed to imply that on NEW accounts from 1st of April, when you take the tariff AND the bundle together, at the same time, the discount will be able to apply to both, unlike those users later ADDING the bundle to existing tariffs where clearly no discount will then exist???

EDIT...

I'm just thinking to myself here, and in fact, you MAY be right.. that the current Web n Walk tariffs will be replaced by this new Data tariff thing - BUT... that is not what we were all talking about, or not likely to help us, as this thread was extolling the virtue of the FLEXT tariffs, and how the data add on complements it.

NEW data web n walk tariffs MAY come out, but if so, going that route, negates the huge benefits of the Flext tariff itself!

Guest shadamehr

Add on - just a thought, but I too believe Web n Walk tariffs will all change come 1st april... else no point anyone taking it...

Why get web n walk, at say ?22.50 a month with 100 minutes of calls, when you could instead take flext20, at ?15, and add the new data bundle at ?7.50, and thus then for the same ?22.50 get the same data allowance, but a calls allowance of 100 minutes PLUS 100 sms, plus 20 mms...

Thus far better value than the web n walk tariff, for the exact same price...!

This applies equally to the higher web n walk tariffs compared to the higher flext tariffs too.

So from the 1st april, I forsee them changing web n walk, otherwise everyone could get a better deal using flext plus new data bundle!

Guest Twain

Obviously nothings confirmed as to if this bundle will come out but assuming it does, is there any possibility they might only allow new customers to get it or do you think it will simply be an add on for anyone, as current gprs bundles are.

Guest Swampie

I can see it there too - not added to my accont, but available as an option if I want to add it - described as:

"web 'n' walk option ?6.38 Monthly"

I'm on W'n'W 200 currently (with friends and relatives discount). :)

Guest xspyda

Oh dear - I can't see it in My T-Mobile ... but then again, I'm not on the Web n Walk tariff, I am on Flext. Could this mean it's only going to be for Web n Walk customers - would seem a little odd if so.

Can't see any mention of it HERE either.

The suspense is killin' me!

Guest Swampie
Oh dear - I can't see it in My T-Mobile ... but then again, I'm not on the Web n Walk tariff, I am on Flext. Could this mean it's only going to be for Web n Walk customers - would seem a little odd if so.

Can't see any mention of it HERE either.

The suspense is killin' me!

I found it via:

My T-Mobile

View Account Info

Mobile Phone Summary

Add more allowances and services

Individual Services

I have the "web'n'walk option" as number 3 in the list.

Guest xspyda
I found it via:

My T-Mobile

View Account Info

Mobile Phone Summary

Add more allowances and services

Individual Services

I have the "web'n'walk option" as number 3 in the list.

Wehay! It's there - thanks Swampie! :)

Now ... we just need to find out *exactly* what it will offer us ...

Guest xspyda

Well, curiosity got the better of me, I called and got talking to a very helpful chap at T-Mobile. He was genuinely surprised at the new option that had appeared and confessed to not knowing anything about it. His colleagues too were unaware it seems as we got no closer to an explanation even after 15 mins or so on hold (on and off).

But, the chap was very helpful and did everything he could to try and get me some answers. Again, a pleasurable experience with T-Mobile customer service ... he even promised me a call back within the hour completely voluntarily after he had spoken to 'someone higher up'...

Unfortunately, that was about two and a half hours ago and so far, nothing! T-Mobile have blotted their copybook IMO.

Anyone else managed to get confirmation of what's included, or even a CSR that KNOWS about the bundle?

Guest alsicole

It could be that one of the web guys has mistakenly put it live before it was meant to and it's still not available to actually activate. I'd guess they want to avoid answering any questions for fear it will encourage people to request it and therefore create even more customer service calls.

Guest xspyda

Guys and gals ... the waiting is over! The announcement has been made :)

UNLIMITED GPRS for just 7.50 / month !!!!!

So glad I moved from Orange!!!!

Guest sporkguy

'cking woot. I'm switching over asap. Need some info tho.

How long do I have to bring my PAC over from orange after I take out the tmobile contract?

also - can I add the unlimited GPRS bundle when it is launched, if I take the new connection now?

Cheers!