FlexT offers

Guest stevo_knuckles

Guest xspyda
'cking woot. I'm switching over asap. Need some info tho.

You and a few thousand others I would think!

How long do I have to bring my PAC over from orange after I take out the tmobile contract?

also - can I add the unlimited GPRS bundle when it is launched, if I take the new connection now?

I checked this out too as my O number ain't due for release for another 8 months! T-Mobile assure me there is NO time limit. Is that the answer you wanted?

As for adding later ... I took Flext 25 a couple of weeks ago with the 6mb GPRS bundle for ?5/month. I have the option already in My T-Mobile to add the Web 'n Walk option (though I haven't tried yet). The bundle is intended I believe as an add on for the Relax and Flext tariffs.

So ... what are you waiting for Spork? ;-p

Guest sporkguy
I checked this out too as my O number ain't due for release for another 8 months! T-Mobile assure me there is NO time limit. Is that the answer you wanted?

Yes, Yes it is! :)

So ... what are you waiting for Spork? ;-p

My browser to hurry the hell up and load the tmob site! :D

Guest sporkguy

Package 1			  Monthly charge	Cost today
Phone & plan
T-Mobile MDA Vario Free ? 9.99
Flext 30 ? 22.50[/code]

TMobile just gained another ex-Orange customer :)

Guest xspyda
Package 1			  Monthly charge	Cost today

Phone & plan

T-Mobile MDA Vario	 Free				  ? 9.99

Flext 30			   ? 22.50

TMobile just gained another ex-Orange customer :)

Nicely!

Damn I was slow there ... should have given you my details then we BOTH get ?20 added to our accounts 3 months down the line! ;p

I am guessing this will be a BIG blow to Orange ... HUGE !!!!!

Awwww, Poor O (honest) !

Guest sporkguy

big blow indeed, especially as I used to be a member of staff (up until today, but sh*te happens!) and advocate of Orange's.

Just goes to show that seemingly helping a company can be a bad thing - that's the last time I ever go above and beyond my duty lol

shame about the ?20, any way we can add it on now, as my order hasn't been authorised just yet.

Guest xspyda
big blow indeed, especially as I used to be a member of staff (up until today, but sh*te happens!) and advocate of Orange's.

Just goes to show that seemingly helping a company can be a bad thing - that's the last time I ever go above and beyond my duty lol

Oh dear ... I won't ask <_<

shame about the ?20, any way we can add it on now, as my order hasn't been authorised just yet.

Worth a shot if ya wanna try - you have PM (or will have in a mo)...

Guest dr who
Oh dear ... I won't ask <_<

Worth a shot if ya wanna try - you have PM (or will have in a mo)...

That will be me and Orange divorcing then. Shame they say they are waiting until June to refresh their phone range though - I want to take advantage of the 25% off on the FlexT but there aren't any phones that appeal to me. If they got an N80 in I would be off. Will give O the chance to match the FLexT offer and unlimited GPRS before I merrily skip off.

Guest petencl

Does the flat rate data include 3G?

Shame though, the missus is adamant she wants a v3x, T-Mobile being the only UK network that doesn't carry it! :)

Guest shadamehr

Copy of a post I put over in Modaco (so apologies as some of you will have seen what amounts to a TRIPLE post now, but I thought it importnat enough to re-post...)

The debate is, hopefully my reply is NOT CORRECT... we hope so. Anyway:

STOP!!!

I just got this Email back, in relation to a query I sent, asking what this 'add on' actually is...

This is their reply...

Hello xxxxxxx

Thanks for contacting me about the web 'n' walk option that you've seen available on My T-Mobile.

The web 'n' walk option isn't officially released until the 1st April. It was available on My T-Mobile in error when our web technicians were testing its functionality, prior to the April 1st release date.

Web 'n' walk option gives you an unlimited allowance to use each month (fair use policy of 40MB). The feature costs ?7.50 (inclusive of VAT) per month. There is a run on rate of ?1.00 per MB when the Unlimited allowance (fair use policy of 40MB) is exceeded.

If I can offer you any further help xxxxxx, please feel free to contact me by email again.

Kind regards

Greg

Email team

Did you read that and think GREAT!

If so, go back and read the Fair Use limit...

Yup 40MB - as per the existing rate...

If this guy is telling the truth, that means the entire debates we have been having on here, and Mobiholics, just went out the window - there, watch it go... woosh...

NIGHTMARE...

I'm only pasting the Email I got back folks - don't shoot me as Messenger, if this is right!

Guest sporkguy

Hope thats a typo for '400MB' - but even so, 40MB isnt too shabby for my usage.

(How they can justify 40MB as unlimited is beyond me, even NTL offer more than that!)

Guest xspyda

For my use, 40mb would be ample but that's not the point :)

From the answers you have been receiving over at Modaco it seems it's all still a little unclear shadamehr. I think we are all hoping that your guy at T-Mobile got his info wrong in the email ... and I think it's highly likely that he did. Damn, I was hoping I had got away from this uncertainty after moving away from Orange!

The press release sounds all very grand and has us all very excited but I fear we will have to wait for the release of the bundle to find out exactly what it entails.

I would be interested to know if anyone has managed to get T-Mobile on 150 to comment - I am still waiting for my return phone call!

Guest Swampie
For my use, 40mb would be ample but that's not the point :)

From the answers you have been receiving over at Modaco it seems it's all still a little unclear shadamehr. I think we are all hoping that your guy at T-Mobile got his info wrong in the email ... and I think it's highly likely that he did. Damn, I was hoping I had got away from this uncertainty after moving away from Orange!

The press release sounds all very grand and has us all very excited but I fear we will have to wait for the release of the bundle to find out exactly what it entails.

I would be interested to know if anyone has managed to get T-Mobile on 150 to comment - I am still waiting for my return phone call!

Seeing as we're still a week away from launch date (1st April), I'm not surprised the CSR people haven't necessarily got to understand all the details of the new deals.

Personally, I was told a month ago about the change to (quote) "unlimited data (with a fair use policy

probably around 1GB a month)". So unless things have changed in the last month during testing, I cannot believe theyve so drastically reduced the allowance to just 40MB. I suspect 'Greg' was getting it all confused with the current Web'n'Walk allowance - and seeing as the product hasn't officially launched yet, it's possible staff haven't had full training/information yet.

Guest sporkguy

From my experience in the comms industry - frontline staff are rarely told the specific and final details until the last possible minute.

those powers that be tend to change their minds before curtain call.

Fingers crossed and see.. 40MB isnt too shabby for me though.

Guest xspyda
Seeing as we're still a week away from launch date (1st April), I'm not surprised the CSR people haven't necessarily got to understand all the details of the new deals.

Highly likely - and when I called to speak to the chap yesterday he launched straight into his spiele about the current web n walk tariffs also, even though I had categorically stated that I was interested in the 'web n walk option' that had appeard as a bundle in My T-Mobile.

I suspect there is much confusion at T-Mobile atm. I would be surprised if the reps are offered the training more that 24 hours before the official launch. Until then, I think it's inevitable that we will hear many different accounts of what the web n walk option actually is.

Guest shadamehr
Hope thats a typo for '400MB' - but even so, 40MB isnt too shabby for my usage.

(How they can justify 40MB as unlimited is beyond me, even NTL offer more than that!)

Nee good for me.

Dont get me wrong - much better than Orange et al...

But nothing like what was indicated, and no use to me per se...

Guest shenson

I sincerely hope the 40MB is wrong by my cynicism suggests that's the kind of marketing trick that has been pulled before. Orange once had a hyped "unlimited" tariff with a fair usage policy in the small print of just 10MB...

Guest xspyda
Orange once had a hyped "unlimited" tariff with a fair usage policy in the small print of just 10MB...

As I recall though, the fair usage policy was never enforced on the 'Open Access' tairff ... which was incidentally, wap only I believe?

Had it been Orange introducing this tariff, I would very much doubt that it would offer true unlimited GPRS. However, as this is T-Mobile, I remain optimistic.

Guest shenson
As I recall though, the fair usage policy was never enforced on the 'Open Access' tairff ... which was incidentally, wap only I believe?

I never heard of it being enforced no. I've gone over 10MB a few times (though I'd say its their metering that's faulty a couple of times) and never had any warnings. It has been ringfenced for ages so I suspect no one can remember what they are supposed to do.

It was originally wap only by restricting usage to the wap APN. However a change gave the wap APN full internet access so its now effectively full internet.

Guest tsutton

While I agree 40MB is small, it's still big enough. I rarly use more than 10MB a month.

However if it's a lot better, then I would use the phone more.

I am going to hold off with the upgrade until the dust settles down... unless Orange responses with something better.

Guest redvers

I suspect that the "40mb cap" email is based on the old Web 'n' Walk tariffs... it may be that the data use is going to be totally unlimited as long as you use it for your phone, not p2p/file sharing/skype kind of things. And if you were to, they'd just slow your connection down as opposed to cutting off your GPRS access (as that'd result in no MMS functionality for a start!)

Guest shadamehr

- It's gonna be 2 GIGABYTES Folks!!!!!

Further to the controversy surrounding the T-Mobile Web n Walk changes, and how I recieved an Email from a CS called Greg saying the cap will be a mere 40MB.

Well, I chased it up, AND ASSUMING THIS CSA BOD IS MORE CORRECT THAN GREG, the cap will indeed be the originally mooted 2GB !!!

Excellent news if correct.

What I would say mind you, is that given all the confusion, one would expect this reply to have indeed been PROPERLY checked out first, so should be more solid.

Certainly I will be keeping it in case I get capped lower!

Anyway - the Email I received mere seconds ago:

Hello Pxxxxxx

Thanks for your further email.

I can confirm the new bundle is ?7.50 a month including VAT and you do get 2 GB subject to the fair use policy.

I hope this clarify's the new bundle charges and how much allowance you get for this.

Thanks again Pxxxxxx, for taking the time to contact me. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reply to this email or contact us through our website.

Kind regards

Karen J

Email team

Here's hoping its true - but most likely it will be! "...2GB subject to the fair use policy" - I think she mean Unlimited, subject TO A 2GB Fair Use policy, but we know what she means!

Guest xspyda

FANTASTIC - 2GB is ample for me!

Interesting though, I spoke to T-Mobile yesterday morning and was advised by a very helpful chap that there would be a cap but the exact figure was 'to be decided'.

Let's hope youe contact is correct this time shadamehr - thanks for sharing!

Guest kiesy
- It's gonna be 2 GIGABYTES Folks!!!!!

Further to the controversy surrounding the T-Mobile Web n Walk changes, and how I recieved an Email from a CS called Greg saying the cap will be a mere 40MB.

Well, I chased it up, AND ASSUMING THIS CSA BOD IS MORE CORRECT THAN GREG, the cap will indeed be the originally mooted 2GB !!!

Excellent news if correct.

What I would say mind you, is that given all the confusion, one would expect this reply to have indeed been PROPERLY checked out first, so should be more solid.

Certainly I will be keeping it in case I get capped lower!

Anyway - the Email I received mere seconds ago:

Here's hoping its true - but most likely it will be! "...2GB subject to the fair use policy" - I think she mean Unlimited, subject TO A 2GB Fair Use policy, but we know what she means!

I can confirm there will actually be two web'n'walk bundles.

There will be a consumer version for ?7.50 that will allow web browsing and pull email service on handsets.

There will also be a Web'N'Walk Professional that costs ?8.50 and will give bigger bandwith (Don't know exact figures) and is for laptop and PDA users.

Both will be unlimted GPRS Usage but will be subject to a 2GB Fair Use Policy.

Hope that clears things up for you folks (Though i expect there will probably be more questions!!)

Guest shadamehr
I can confirm there will actually be two web'n'walk bundles.

There will be a consumer version for ?7.50 that will allow web browsing and pull email service on handsets.

There will also be a Web'N'Walk Professional that costs ?8.50 and will give bigger bandwith (Don't know exact figures) and is for laptop and PDA users.

Both will be unlimted GPRS Usage but will be subject to a 2GB Fair Use Policy.

Hope that clears things up for you folks (Though i expect there will probably be more questions!!)

Sure will be more questions - like...

What is the bandwidth difference - but as you say, it's not yet known.

By bandwidth, are you meaning data cap limit, or speed limits though...

Curious.