orange live tv

Guest goldtop

Guest goldtop

I understand that live tv is already available over the orange network but using 3g technology.

my phone is the spvm2000 which I dont think is 3g. I assume therefore that I will not be able to try orange's free trial of live tv?

Guest Jay3gsm

As far as I know Orange TV is still only available to Symbian phone owners. You need to download a Symbian app to the phone to enable TV.

Makes sense in one way as the number of Symbian phone owners on Orange far outweigh the smartphone owners.

You can access Vodafone TV with any Vodafone compatible 3G phone as you don't download any apps to the phone for it to work. The Vodafone TV service is superior to Oranges offering, too.

• 1 month later...
Guest dr who

As I remeber it was ?10 a month but this gave you 1Gb of data. What really steamed me up is this means it is possible for Orange to offer flat rate data charges but instead of making it available to data users who might need it they provide if for kids to show off with at school. Granted I would like to try it but I would much rather have 1Gb of data to use for email, internet, etc.

Guest dr who
if only there was a way to push that data thru the Orange TV connection instead of 'ole GPRS eh.

I did ask whether that was possible but the data has been ring fenced. Poo.