Genuine Offer

Guest dr who

Guest dr who

Just got a text purporting to be from Orange (mobile number +447800003211) offering unlimited weekend calls or double minutes and texts by replying with postcode.

Real or spam???

Guest dr who
Avoid at all costs - generally O will not call or text you regarding promotions so its best to ignore these messages.

Cheers chaps - I generally don't read anything in CAPITALS but I opened this one for a change.

Guest Swampie
Just got a text purporting to be from Orange (mobile number +447800003211) offering unlimited weekend calls or double minutes and texts by replying with postcode.

Real or spam???

Clearly spam from a dodgy upgrade company. I understand that Orange only requires your postcode and mobile number to access some limited information about your account - and I believe - to also process an upgrade on your behalf.

Unlimited weekend calls and double minutes and texts, I believe, were features of getting an upgrade on Orange without handset - adding another minimum term to your contract.

Handsetless upgrades are popular for these scams, as people think they're just agreeing to extra minutes/texts - but actually agree to an extension to the minimum term AND lose the right to a handset upgrade until the end of the new minimum term. As they don't receive a new handset, no warning bells ring. I believe Orange are updating/adjusting their rewards for handsetless upgrades due to these problems.

Guest sporkguy

Indeed Swampie is correct - all we need for our Enable connection website is a mobile number and postcode - we can then select the 'no handset upgrade' option and v?ila add free weekend calls by renewing your account for a further 12 months.

I've had numerous customers stung by these 'scams' - call it bad judgement on the customer's behalf or bad faith by the dealer - either way it seems a little too easy to fall for it.

Let this be a warning to everyone here :)