T-Mobile PAYG

Guest Jasonkruys

Guest Jasonkruys

I have just received my T-Mobile Pay As You Go/Pre-pay sim card. I have placed it in my C500 (sim unlocked by spv-services program), and the phone has booted up to the home screen.

Does the sim card need to be activated before I can use it? Do I need to put some credit on it, to 'activate' it?

At best I get 'Denied, Searching' where I would obviously like to see indication I am connected to t-mobile. I tried to register on my t-mobile to top it up, but of course they send you a pin by text. It also appeared not to recognise the number as a T-Mobile number?

Help!!

Guest pd.ryder

Sorry to be obvious, but didn't the sim arrive with a leaflet? I've never had a PAYG sim so I wouldn't know, but I'd expect some sort of instruction from the provider if I did buy one.

Just a thought :)

Guest confucious

pd.ryder - you're suggesting he should RTFM?

I never do and had the same problem with an Orange PAYG SIM. I phoned up and they said it must be faulty and sent me a new SIM. When that one didn't work I rang again and after doing a few checks he asked if I'd actually registered the SIM to which I replied "pardon?"

Once he registered the SIM for me it all worked fine.

D'Oh!

Guest Jasonkruys
Sorry to be obvious, but didn't the sim arrive with a leaflet? I've never had a PAYG sim so I wouldn't know, but I'd expect some sort of instruction from the provider if I did buy one.

Just a thought :)

It did come with a leaflet, which told me to put the sim in the phone, charge it, and familiarise myself with my phone, then im ready to go.....

Which I did, and couldn't get on T-Mobile. Of course I read the instructions before I posted on here! lol.

My main concern was that I had a c500 unlocked by myself, and i didnt know if that was the problem....

As it happens, all sorted now.....it seems you do have to top it up before it will even register on the network. I would have done this straight away, but I was on a 36 hour shift at work, and couldnt get onto my t-mobile to do it that way either!!

Guest goochy1
Glad it's sorted :)

Thats odd, when i got my t-mobile payg sim i just put it in the phone and it worked straight away but either way im glad its all sorted for ya

goochy1

Guest kam_

Usually they're 'activated' before they're sent out, but often there's a backlog and they don't get put onto the HLR right away. You should call them up and they usually put it on top of the queue and its done in 2 to 4 hours. How did you top it up if it wouldnt register to the network?

If it was online etc then perhaps the topup procedure also puts it top of the queue too.