Line 2...

Guest RobertCeuppens

Guest RobertCeuppens

I've currently got 2 lines on my C500, and have had for years. I am moving to T Mobile and I rang up asking for my PAC number from Orange. After telling me how T Mobile were rubbish and to go to Vodafone instead :D he would only give me the PAC for Line 1. He said Line 2 isn't transferrable and that I would lose that number. Is this right? I use that number for business and having 2 lines was an ideal way to seperate the calls. The number is advertised all over the place too so I really need to keep it. Also, I said I wanted a M600 and it was always out of stock when I tried to upgrade and he told me they were back in now. Funny how they suddenly have them back when you want to leave isn't it. :)

Rob.

Guest dr who

Don't know too much about Line 2 but can you not just PAC code Line 1 (or Line 2) to T-Mob to give you only the single Line 2 number on your Orange account, wait a couple of weeks, then PAC this number to T-Mob as well? It would mean keeping 2 mobiles on you for a while but if its possible might work? Do T-Mob support Line 2 though???

Guest RobertCeuppens
Don't know too much about Line 2 but can you not just PAC code Line 1 (or Line 2) to T-Mob to give you only the single Line 2 number on your Orange account, wait a couple of weeks, then PAC this number to T-Mob as well? It would mean keeping 2 mobiles on you for a while but if its possible might work? Do T-Mob support Line 2 though???

No, they don't :) So I'll have to have 2 phones anyway I guess. I'm hoping to make the Line 2 number PAYG as I use it mainly for incoming calls. I think they are just being as difficult as possible.

Guest confucious

I have a distinct feeling that when you transfer line one you will lose line 2 completely - they are 2 numbers attached to the same SIM.

AFAIK Ornge are the only people that offer line 2 and it can't be transfered or even kept seperatly from limne 1.

I could very well be wrong but.....

Guest RobertCeuppens

I just got a letter from Orange today and it shows the PAC covering both numbers he he. I think he was just trying to make it sound really hard to leave. Now I can put one on PAYG, I'll just have to get used to having 2 phones. :)

Guest zarquon
Also I think you'll find that PocketPC phones don't support line 2.

I tested a 2 line sim in the M2000 and while you can receive a call on line 2, it doesn't actually ring, so you would have to be watching to see the call come in, and you can't select line 2 to make calls.

This may not be true with a WM5 device. Playing around with my M5000 under sim manager it implies that 5 numbers can be associated with the sim, but know way of selecting them that I can see

Guest RobertCeuppens

I'd rather have 2 phones than stay with Orange after this. Either the CS guy didn't know the PAC covered Line 2 or he was lying. Either way it's crap.

Guest sporkguy
I'd rather have 2 phones than stay with Orange after this. Either the CS guy didn't know the PAC covered Line 2 or he was lying. Either way it's crap.

My bet is he didnt know what he was talking about. Most of the newer CSRs aren't trained on things like Line 2, as its not something Orange actively encourage anymore.. same with OVP tariffs too - they're still available, but they dont like to promote them.