The FINAL insult - Orange CS (Crap Service)

Guest toon9

Guest toon9

Seriously, if I hadn't already left Orange for T-Mobile, then this would have been the final straw.

Situation is this - my last Orange bill arrived and for various reasons it was in credit. Unfortunately the only evidence that the due sums would be repaid to me was in the form of the following statement on the bottom of the invoice

"The credit shown against your account balance will be carried forward and deducted from your next invoice"

Today I finally got through to CS and expalined that as I never expect to have a next invoice, I wished to arrange for the credit to be paid to me and my account to be closed.

This is where the "fun" began.

I was told that only an Orange retail store could arrange the credit to be paid to me. "You can't send a cheque out" I asked. NO was the simple reply. "Well what if I don't live near a retail store" I asked

I'll check for you the rep replied

What an insult.......I know fine well where my local stores are I told her. I've been in and out of them often enough over the past ten years. The point I was trying to express was what if I didn't live reasonably local to a retail store......."what if I lived in the middle of Northumberland......'

I had to cut short the converstaion for fear of swearing, which I serious didn't want to lower myself too.

Beware not end up in credit any Orange customers living in rural areas.

Rant over......for now

Guest toon9

Needless to say my visit to the Orange retail store was met with much surprise and an amount of hilarity !!!

I so wish, just this once, I had the name of the employee who advised me yesterday. I can say without fear of contradiction, that was I able to I would attempt to have her disciplined. She was clearly takling out of the cheeks of her backside.

If this is the calibre of Orange CS employee then they can stick all there products and services where the sun don't shine.

Good riddance I say, my move to T-Mobile has been well timed and I await th

e headlines when Orange annouce record losses.

BTW - another call to an intelligent CS rep this time, and my cheque is in the post.

Guest Tech

or so they say.....

...I havent paid my last bill and this months bill bcos i refuse to pay it and i have like 1 month left till the end of my contract

I obviously started a new contract bout a month ago now on t-mob. (glad i did!!!)

Orange sent me a letter today saying they are "concerned" on why the payment has not been made and im laughing

concerned? uh no - if you were concerned you would be concerned on why you are charging things and adding on things to my package without letting me know - that is what being concerned is all about.

they also said in the letter that they will keep charging me and in the next month or so if I dont pay they will lower the tariff to the cheapest one but refusing to allow me to make calls from my phone....

hang on - that is kind of unfair on making you pay for something which you cant use... but anyway....

...I only have 1 month left till the END of the contract - how can they say that they will keep charging me?

hmmm I dont care - I'm not paying and with the way the CS have dealt with me in the past and present .... shocking.

Guest sporkguy
or so they say.....

...I havent paid my last bill and this months bill bcos i refuse to pay it and i have like 1 month left till the end of my contract

I obviously started a new contract bout a month ago now on t-mob. (glad i did!!!)

Orange sent me a letter today saying they are "concerned" on why the payment has not been made and im laughing

concerned? uh no - if you were concerned you would be concerned on why you are charging things and adding on things to my package without letting me know - that is what being concerned is all about.

they also said in the letter that they will keep charging me and in the next month or so if I dont pay they will lower the tariff to the cheapest one but refusing to allow me to make calls from my phone....

hang on - that is kind of unfair on making you pay for something which you cant use... but anyway....

...I only have 1 month left till the END of the contract - how can they say that they will keep charging me?

hmmm I dont care - I'm not paying and with the way the CS have dealt with me in the past and present .... shocking.

Please, don't be a fool with this. Making a point is one thing, but losing a lot of money to debt collectors is no laughing matter.

Orange will continue to bill you every month until YOU tell THEM that you want to cease the contract. Reaching month 12 doesn't mean your contract ends, or infact you can escape without paying what you owe the company.

I've seen it happen before, customers cancel their DD, their bill just builds up while they ignore it, thinking they are untouchable.

*knock knock*

"That'll be ?xx for the bill you owe orange, and ?xxx collection fees, thanks".

Don't be a fool - for your own sake.

Guest Tech

lol i know about this, however I did explain to them and so on but they didnt listen.

They added things to my bill without telling me - i told them i dont want it "yeh sure no problem we will remove it" but they didnt so im still being charged....

why?

ive heard/been there before with a different company (not phones) but thats a different matter which was sorted out after months.... and they admitted they were wrong.

Orange dont listen - so therefore I dont see why I have to pay for something that I didnt ask for.

I dont see why I should get treated like crap and still pay them for this service?

makes no sense, let them come at my door if they wish - im not bothered. I have rights, I know what is happening. Not only that - I get re-imburst for my phone bill anyway :D

orange tell me one thing, then another - whats right and whats not? ...

I appreciate your interest/care/lookout for this sporky but you also have to stand your own ground... but yes i know where your coming from :)

I told them i want to get out of my contract 2 months early and ill pay the remaining amount and they said "no you cant do that" which shocked me - but everyone does that, and they did too at one point!

Guest Tech

orange get worse

I phoned them up again WILLING to actually pay this last bill. However they still actually charged things for stuff i've not used.

the guy on the other end had an attitude. honestly.

He said ok ive credited xxx back to your account which wont be reflected until the next statement - but thats not what I want, i wanna pay this bill outstanding - credit. They guy kept going on and on and said I didnt understand and everytime I tried to talk he simply said "excuse me, im still talking".... attitude and RUDE.

then I said look, i want to speak to your supervisor "oh she is in a meeting and wont be back until maybe tomorrow but I can tell her to ring you" - I doubt she will as they did this before.

Then I said look, i will pay this bill and end the contract so this amount due I will pay and let it be the end of that "sure but you also have to pay the next months line rental until the end of contract"

hang on.... firstly you tell me I cant pay the bill until next month bcos of this credit thing which wont be reflected till next month.... and they dont send out cheques either to credit me back this amount thats been credited on the account?

secondly, last time I phoned they said it is not possible to cancel the contract but now your saying it is? and during this he tried to get his word in and i slammed it back to him "im still talking..."

thirdly he said earlier that I can pay off the total bill and have the contract ended but now your saying that I have to pay this bill + the remaining number of months?

Get your facts sorted. I just left it at that, let it be. Not willing to listen to the customer.

Whats going on? T&C changing every day without the notification to the customer? I think its orange who have been and currently are being the fool

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

It sounds like theres been so much going on on your account recently that it quite quickly is getting very complicated, remember CSR's are only human too :)

Just work out what you owe Orange, and pay that amount. If they are crediting you for whatever then it should all balance at the next bill. Unless they ask don't make a fuss or try to explain _everything_. I've had problems with odd charges before, i called up and explained i wasn't expecting to be charged for a bundle, the CSR refunded me the charge and the following months too as it was too close to my bill date to cancel, so i got 2 months bundle (which is didn't want) for free! :D

Guest Tech

your very fortunate then, lucky :) i am however, not.

so tomorrow im getting all suited and booted up and go to the orange store and start shooting bullets.

Guest motty
your very fortunate then, lucky :) i am however, not.

so tomorrow im getting all suited and booted up and go to the orange store and start shooting bullets.

noooo....you'll just make the PT's day worse lol, thank god im not on tomorrow (if you live local to myself)

we'll only speak to the same people you do matey, its alot easier for you to relay the message than ourselves, not trying to have a go or anythin, just save you a trip...

Guest Swampie
Seriously, if I hadn't already left Orange for T-Mobile, then this would have been the final straw.

Situation is this - my last Orange bill arrived and for various reasons it was in credit. Unfortunately the only evidence that the due sums would be repaid to me was in the form of the following statement on the bottom of the invoice

"The credit shown against your account balance will be carried forward and deducted from your next invoice"

Today I finally got through to CS and expalined that as I never expect to have a next invoice, I wished to arrange for the credit to be paid to me and my account to be closed.

This is where the "fun" began.

I was told that only an Orange retail store could arrange the credit to be paid to me. "You can't send a cheque out" I asked. NO was the simple reply. "Well what if I don't live near a retail store" I asked

I'll check for you the rep replied

What an insult.......I know fine well where my local stores are I told her. I've been in and out of them often enough over the past ten years. The point I was trying to express was what if I didn't live reasonably local to a retail store......."what if I lived in the middle of Northumberland......'

I had to cut short the converstaion for fear of swearing, which I serious didn't want to lower myself too.

Beware not end up in credit any Orange customers living in rural areas.

Rant over......for now

CS guy was wrong.

I ended my Orange account when I moved my number to T-Mobile. I got a bill saying the same thing that it'll be credited to my next invoice. I just waited and around my next billing date I received a printed cheque for the credit on my account automatically. I never called anyone or did anything - all automatic.

Guest Tech
noooo....you'll just make the PT's day worse lol, thank god im not on tomorrow (if you live local to myself)

we'll only speak to the same people you do matey, its alot easier for you to relay the message than ourselves, not trying to have a go or anythin, just save you a trip...

i prefer to talk to someone in person rather than being perhaps hung up on or talking to unprofessionally

Guest Tech

well orange are still *** however the chap in disconnections named Carl has been FANTASTIC

i wish there were more of this chap - he sorted it all out for me and also requested to cancel the contract. Everything all done and dusted and thank gawd all over.

Carl has been friendly, kind and understanding - its people like him that the company should have

Carl is in my good books! if anyone ever speaks to him - it should be known as an honor and privledge :)

Guest impy78
well orange are still *** however the chap in disconnections named Carl has been FANTASTIC

i wish there were more of this chap - he sorted it all out for me and also requested to cancel the contract. Everything all done and dusted and thank gawd all over.

Carl has been friendly, kind and understanding - its people like him that the company should have

Carl is in my good books! if anyone ever speaks to him - it should be known as an honor and privledge :)

I spoke to Carl on Saturday. He helped my change my price plan to an ovp tariff, even though CS had told me they didn't exist anymore.

I went off on one saying "I want to disconnect- here's my ?140!!!"

And he is the only person who asked WHY I wanted to cancel, noone else seemed to care, even though i do spend ?75 a month with them!

Guest sporkguy

There are a couple of cracking CSRs at Orange, its just they all tend to be in more senior jobs like NT3, Family Accounts, Disconnections and Retail Ops.

There's one guy I used to call on Retail Ops called Danny, he's an A+ CSR, and would do pretty much anything he could in his power to sort a problem.

There's quite a few nice ladies in Family and NT3 who will also move the earth, its just a shame most of the people down in normal Customer Services are arsy cows :)