"I love T-Mobile, but......................"

Guest Honest John

Guest Honest John

As a recent convertor from Orange to T-Mobile, I have been really impressed with their level of service and their price-plans. In fact, when the half price deals were on earlier this year, I switched many of our company mobiles over to T-Mobile. No problems whatsoever, no immediate swap of retained number required (are you listening O2?) and no silly Orange uncompetitive tariffs.

However, for a business user, there is a real problem. Running more than 5 mobiles, it is impossible to check on-line over the net just how much any of your mobile users is using. Because all of the mobiles are on a Business Account, "My T-Mobile" will not work. (It did till I triggered 5 handsets where, mysteriously, it ceases to be available as the customer is deemed to move to the next level of support or similar.).

Business customers often need the ability to zoom in on particular handset usage, but I object to paying up to ?5 per time to check these out if I use 150.

So, if T-Mobile want to be a serious player in the business market, then this is one issue that they could address.

While I am having a bit of a moan, I applaud the honesty of T-Mobile who appear to withdraw from their web-site any handsets that are out of stock to avoid customers placing on-line orders that they can't supply. From a business point of view, however, there is a downside to this inasmuch as you can't tell if the handset is withdrawn or just out of stock. A better way would be to put an OUT OF STOCK flash on the relevant handset along with a simple preventative mechanism to stop orders being placed against the item.

Apart from that, excellent service T-Mobile.

Guest chucky.egg

T-Mobile have a service called "Business Services Online", it's free for corporate but may only be available to corporate too - you'll have to ask.

View invoices

Monitor usage

Reports and downloads

Add/move users

Order equipment and services

This online self-service system is free for our corporate customers with multiple contracts and more than 50 handsets.

Tel: 0800 956 5001

Email: [email protected]

Web: www.t-mobile.co.uk/business