UK voda sim card in IE voda fone

Guest sporkguy

Should do - if they're the same as Orange they'll let you.

When I went to france I tried an Orange FR sim in my O-UK locked phone, and it worked..

Guest fluffcat1
hi

anyone know if a vodafone locked phone in Ireland will accept a UK vodafone sim card or vice-versa?

thanks

gR

The lock on most 'dumbphones' is to a specific carrier code eg: 234-30 or whatever for 'vodafone UK' and not just 'vodafone'. Some dumbphones have the capability to have more than one accepted sim - in your case if it's ireland, and vodafone operate in the north and south I would think it would work no problem as it's be silly not to have a common handset stock. Voda japan sims might be a problem though.

Smartphones are different as there is more complex software running the lock so depending how it's setup then any orange sim would work in any SPV from any market etc etc.

If the network is 'vodafone' by expansion through acquisition rather than organic growth ( eg by purchasing another network rather than setting it up ) it can cause some issues with roaming / phone locks etc. My favourite excuse to get a network unlock code is that I'm going abroad for 3 months and need to use that companies' local subsidaries' sim card in the phone which needs unlocking - works every time ;-)

Richard.

I still have the lovely leather filofax that Racal gave me when they changed their name to Vodafone you know. All this was fields back then etc etc...

My favourite excuse to get a network unlock code is that I'm going abroad for 3 months and need to use that companies' local subsidaries' sim card in the phone which needs unlocking - works every time ;-)

Richard.

I still have the lovely leather filofax that Racal gave me when they changed their name to Vodafone you know. All this was fields back then etc etc...

I think I'll try that one. Only got it cos I was due the upgrade. Won't be able to sell it for much if its locked!! Just ordered my Dopod S300 off ebay today so roll on :)

thanks for the advice!

gR